PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trading my 02 ep for...

ranivus
06-10-2004, 08:49 PM
a 2004 Lancer Evolution RS for $24,000 i can still trade in my car for 14g's at the dealer

what do you think?
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/ModelConfig?ModelID=27&TrimID=127&DestinationServlet=Self&1086924542363

msrp at 26 i can get mine for 23999

mdoyle
06-10-2004, 08:51 PM
What is the difference between this and the regular EVO?

RedDragonSiR
06-10-2004, 08:56 PM
is that like the race inspired light weight version?

EtherGhost
06-10-2004, 09:20 PM
I would do it, if I could afford it. The RS doesn't have ABS or EBD, but it has an LSD, which is good :)

Donegan
06-10-2004, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't.

ranivus
06-10-2004, 09:24 PM
ITs the exact same engine as the EVO 8 without all the cool frills like brembo brake kit and advan tires and crap. dont really need that if youre gonna tune it up right?

All i needs is somone to co-sign w/ me...any takers? :D

mdoyle
06-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah. I remember hearing about this. Weren't they talking about not having any of the amenities (power windows, door locks and other things) to lighten it up?

ranivus
06-10-2004, 09:33 PM
yeah if you check on that lill dot next to the evolution instead of the evolution RS you could see what each one has and which one doesnt

the JigGa mAn
06-10-2004, 09:51 PM
i would the RS is almost 100lbs lighter than the VIII...

Ep3 No.2
06-10-2004, 09:55 PM
id go for it.

EP3racer
06-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Lancer Evolution RS

MSRP* $ 26,799

"Comes standard with a factory performance-tuned 2.0-liter, DOHC, 16-valve, turbocharged engine with 271 horsepower and 273 ft.-lbs. torque - water spray enhanced air-to-air front-mounted intercooler - close-ratio 5-speed Manual transmission - full-time AWD with 50/50 viscous coupled center differential, front helical, torque-sensing limited-slip differential and rear mechanical limited-slip differential - 4-wheel ventilated BREMBO

02NJHondaep3
06-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Not worth it. Its maybe a slight difference. Unless you're making it a track car then its not worth the pain. If you're going to get an evo 8 get the EVO 8. Spoil yourself man.

pLopSI
06-10-2004, 11:02 PM
No A/C as well. But i heard they got a package to add in the extra amenities... which basically turns it back into a regular evo? :banana:

Brettnyt
06-10-2004, 11:08 PM
get the big gay spoiler!! go with the true evo!

SIxtasy
06-11-2004, 12:57 AM
$24,000 to roll down my windows and not have color matching door handles. No Thanx. I mean damn, people consider the HID's on the Evo, the best you can get. Not on this one though. If your going to tune it, saving a 100 pounds won't mean shit.

dj addicted
06-11-2004, 01:02 AM
I look at it this way.. you lose all that shit and it saves 100 lbs.. 100lbs = about a tenth of a second off your qtr time. Totally not worth it.

Personally I like power windows and power locks and all that jazz.

plus your insurance will be higher on it.. because it doesnt have ABS or anything

YooShin
06-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ranivus
a 2004 Lancer Evolution RS for $24,000 i can still trade in my car for 14g's at the dealer

what do you think?

A coworker of mine just got a silver one. It's awesome. I'm headed to the dealer tomorrow to see what kind of deal I could get. I'm interested in the regular Evo, probably white. I'll let yall know what happens.

Si3
06-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by pLopSI
No A/C as well. But i heard they got a package to add in the extra amenities... which basically turns it back into a regular evo?

if your gonna add all those "goodies" WTF is the point of not just getting the VIII? (no ghey wing, no sweet hood)

I say keep the EP and swap and A2... sell the a3, buy a turbo and LSD, Youll have a unique car insted of a run of the mill lancer!

My $0.02

PRODIUS
06-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Go for it.
It would cost you twice the purchase price of am EP to get to that kind of performance.

If you can afford it : Do it!

k20hatch
06-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Go for it! Lancers are really nice cars man!

seattlecivic
06-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Get it... Get it... Get it.... Did you get it yet? What are you waiting for?

DO IT MAN!:mad:

!@#$%
06-11-2004, 10:42 AM
i weigh more than 100 lbs less than alot of people on here.

I would get the evo with power windows etc.

SIxtasy
06-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Si3
(no ghey wing)

Everything on that car is functional. That car is actually fast, unlke ours.. Thus it needs downforce to keep it on the road. The wing is even CF from the factory. :rolleyes:

enecks
06-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by pLopSI
No A/C as well. But i heard they got a package to add in the extra amenities... which basically turns it back into a regular evo? :banana:

are you sure it doesn't have AC? i thought i read somewhere that it didn't have AC, but then i saw that the spec page lists "Manual Heater and Air Conditioning with Multi-Speed Climate Control Fan" as one of its features...so i dunno.

and comparing the curb weights, the RS is 88 pounds lighter. and quite a bit less expensive. but only available in red and white. eh.

Graywolf
06-11-2004, 11:25 AM
100 lbs = 10 hp...Noice

bloodzombie
06-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Graywolf
100 lbs = 10 hp...Noice

Do you smoke crack?

ranivus
06-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
I look at it this way.. you lose all that shit and it saves 100 lbs.. 100lbs = about a tenth of a second off your qtr time. Totally not worth it.

Personally I like power windows and power locks and all that jazz.

plus your insurance will be higher on it.. because it doesnt have ABS or anything

OF course the insurance will go up w/ no abs and turbo. thats what ill have to live w/
You loose all that so-called shit and you save over $6000. like i said before, whats the point of having those extras if im gonna tune it up anyways? i could use that extra 6000 bucks to get shaved doors replace the turbo for a bigger one, bigger intercooler, bodykit, and have some over to paint a bumper and maybe a door :)

the giant ep3
06-11-2004, 06:43 PM
23999 is giving it away, the invoice is 25750 and there is no dealer incentives or manufacturer incentives, so be wary of lowballing sales people. i wouldn't spend that much money on a car without all the amenities that the 8 has and the rs doesn't but that is me. turbo your ep3 add lsd and be much faster, like someone else said.

YooShin
06-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by YooShin
A coworker of mine just got a silver one. It's awesome. I'm headed to the dealer tomorrow to see what kind of deal I could get. I'm interested in the regular Evo, probably white. I'll let yall know what happens.

Well I went down to the dealership today. Didn't Get one. They had two, both white, one RS one regular. Went through all the paper work and decided against it. The payments were just out of reach. The sales rep tried to convince me into a V6 convertable Eclispse but there is NO way I would be caught dead in one of those. Interesting the price difference between the RS and the "regular" Evo was small. The dealer added some "track service" options on the RS that would replace brake pads, retune the turbo, replace gaskets and adjust camber. At least that's all the Sale guy could come up w/, all for $1.9K. They had some other BS option on the RS that added just about every option to make it a regular EVO. I asked him what was the point? He explained that the RS was not moving because it was so spartan, and the other EVOs turn within a week. They had the RS for a month.

Still a fun experience. I thank the Sale rep and manager for working w/ me and giving me a chance to experience the Evo. Man I tell you, firing it up is awesome alone little alone driving it. The seats are amazingly supportive for being so aggressive, and the peddles were placed perfectly for H/T action. The clutch is VERY stiff and has little give. The shifter is placed nicely but is also stiff to row. Sorry guys, never been in a performance car as serious as the EVO. And yes this thing is serious. Power is "on" all the f*^K'n time. Lag? Couldn't tell the difference between lag and my inexperience w/ a car of this magnatude. Overall I give the car a 4.5 out of 5 stars. The only thing I'd like to see in it is a sunroof. I know, flame on, but the EPs sunroof is the shit and I would miss it. Oh, it would be hard to see myself swapping the better-looking-in-real-life-Enkei wheels for TE37s or 2pc Gold Grams.

Any of ya'll considering an EVO. Go check one out. The dealer I went to is awesome. They've hooked my brother up on his EP and two of my friends that I work w/ on a WRX and a 04 EP. Oh yeah, they're Gillman Honda/Subaru/Mitsubishi of Houston just in case you're wondering. Shoot them an E-Mail and see what they can do for ya;)