PDA

View Full Version : Those with D2's: Need help

Speck
06-11-2004, 06:17 AM
Few things:

First: I am hearing a sound, that may be totally normal, it's a hollow sound that I hear when I am driving on the street, maybe a little bumpy. Almost sounds like a hollow rattle.... it's odd. Anyone else get this?

Second: Have any of you jacked up your car and tried to shake the front wheels? I get a fair amount of play on both sides, bout an equal amount. Doesn't feel off when I drive, just shakes in the air. Again, maybe this is normal... they are race componants after all... so when the car is in the air......??

Third: Front passenger side perches, the rubber parts at the top and bottom.... they don't fit properly. The drivers side is perfect, but the passanger side does not fit at all. Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if this may be the cause of the noise in (First).

Fourth: I cannot get the drivers side top camber to move at all! Passenger moves fine, no issue. I have take the bolts (allen screws) completely out and I STILL can't move it, either in the air or on the ground.... WTF?

Thanks!!!

-=speck=-

Speck
06-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Come one guys, I need some advice/help here :)

-=speck=-

psylovibe
06-12-2004, 09:09 PM
First: no, but I do get some sort of sound now when I accelerate once in while or when i turn my wheel. Think its my axle. My right axle poped out when I was installing my D2's.Did this happen to you?

Second: havent check when I do Ill let you know.

Third: fits fine for me...?

Fourth:Im not sure

sorry if im not much of help, I did just get them installed today though.

Speck
06-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Need updates or more help :)

-=speck=-

03ephatch
06-15-2004, 05:57 PM
so u guys got them installed?

psy, seemed to have his profesionally installed. speck, did u? so... to end my question. will they lower more than 2.5"?(all sides). ur having problems with the camber plates? hhmmm

bioevolve
06-15-2004, 07:19 PM
1st: It might be possible that it is coming from the struts. possibly the sounds were already there, just now being amplified by them.

2nd: Yes there is play left to right/right to left (Horizontal) on both sides, it's not the D2's nor the tie rod ends, it's the inner shafts connecting to the EPS. Turn the car on and it tightens alittle. Vertical movement would be bad hub bearings.

3rd: Just alittle tightness on the driver's side, manually have to reposition it when car is in the air every time.

4th: Have you hit a bump hard? lubed it? got water on/in it?

Speck
06-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Well, mine were installed at a shop, with the other problems that I have had doing it, I wouldn't call it professional.

Haven't hit any bumps or water. Good to know that the play back and forth is fine. I don't have a problem with it while driving.

Once I get my steering wheel aligned again, I think everything will be just fine. Just need to figure out what is tightened down too much that I can't adjust the drivers set top mount.

Other than that, I love them!! Launching is a totally different feeling now :)

-=speck=-

03ephatch
06-15-2004, 09:49 PM
question: will all sides lower more than 2.5"?

thread makes me worry about my axles. i'm not trying to bottom out. i do get thumps just with my springs on stock struts. thanx again guys.

Speck
06-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I can lower about 3" on all sides. Can go lower up front but apparently I have the wrong springs in the rear.

-=speck=-

psylovibe
06-16-2004, 07:34 AM
i cant go lower than 1.5 in my rear wtf!

Speck
06-16-2004, 07:39 AM
Again, I believe that is because of the springs. I am going to be checking out the suspension completely this weekend and will be taking measurements and will post them up

-=speck=-

03ephatch
06-16-2004, 04:52 PM
i hear that a lot. rear doesn't go lower than 1.5. all the springs are the same length. inspected the length of the tube and the thread are the same length as well. i'm getting bad feelings about these coilovers. thanx again.

VNlilMAN
06-16-2004, 10:25 PM
1) hollow sound from the rear?
3) eh its just rubber inserts, you can just toss those anyways :p
4) if you take off all the allen screws when the car is off the ground, it doesnt fall off???

Speck
06-17-2004, 07:50 AM
Ok, the odd sounds are going. This is the first car I have lowered, so was just worried over nothing :)

Yeah, I can lift the car, undo the allens and nothing, not even pushing the hell outta the thing budges it.

-=speck=-

03ephatch
06-21-2004, 09:01 PM
i've had my d2's for 3 days. well, you get what you pay for. front lowers more than 3" and rear can only lower up to 1.5". i believe this is normal since all of us have the same setup. did you guys get your camber plates riveted upside down? i did(had to get them pressed out and put in the right way). still testing different damping adjustments.

no sounds here. i do feel as if my wheels would fly out(accidentally) if i went over bumps at a fast speed.

VNlilMAN
06-22-2004, 05:26 PM
riveted upside down? what do you mean? Mine were fine. have pics of it?

03ephatch
06-22-2004, 06:17 PM
looking at the camber plates... imagine the nuts upside down. the camber measurement should be parallel to the firewall, mine was diagonal. lol. no biggie (thanx redzone)