PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Exedy Stage 2 Cerametallic Clutch & ACT Prolite Flywheel

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Well, I'm still breaking in the new setup but there's a few things I can comment on already.

First let's talk about the clutch....
The pedal pressure is nice, not quite as stiff as my old P.O.S. defective Clutchmasters stage 3, and it has a nicer feel, it's not on/off like alot of other clutches. Does not grab right off the floor either, it grabs like stock but with a much stronger bite. There's a little chatter due to the 3 puck design and material of the disk but after a few hours of driving you learn how to avoid it. I still have some more break in time so I'll report back later about how it holds up at the track.

Now for the flywheel....
I fucking LOVE this thing. I've never been a huge fan of lightweight flywheels but I must say that the car is PERFECTLY streetable, even though the ACT Prolite flywheel is only 8 lbs! The car revs unbeleivably quick now and normal shifting just seems so much easier. In traffic, I can still take my foot off the gas and clutch in 1st gear and creep without stalling!! I thought that would be impossible w/ the new F.W.

If anyone's curious I paid around $600 for this combo.

Any ?'s just ask.

!@#$%
06-11-2004, 05:31 PM
awesome. I wish I could afford to do that, but tuition hit hard. very hard. :(

bioevolve
06-11-2004, 05:44 PM
You like that clutch bite don't you :D ;)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by bioevolve
You like that clutch bite don't you :D ;)

;) hows yours holding up?

bgsteve523
06-11-2004, 07:18 PM
ADAM,
Quick question I got the same clutch different fly a little mine is like 9.5-10lbs but anyway. Did it come with an alignment tool? If not did the shop have one I am wondering if I need one for the shop to put it on? My kit only came with the clutch, pressure plate and bearing but let me know.
Thanks,
Steve O

DavidT
06-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Adam how much did your stock A2 flywheel weigh do you know? I know I'm going to get the ACT prolite flywheel, but I'm still debating on what clutch to get.

ecsahs3
06-11-2004, 07:51 PM
that's great. i'm curious to hear how that thing holds down when driven hard. hurry up and break it in! :D

bioevolve
06-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
;) hows yours holding up?

It all good ;) been getting on it alot hehehe.:D

bgsteve523
06-11-2004, 10:03 PM
ADAM,
One more thing did you find it kind of strange that the clutch has such thin pads on it? I hope it will last a while what do you think? Why are the ceramic pads so thin?
Thanks,
Steve O

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-12-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
ADAM,
Quick question I got the same clutch different fly a little mine is like 9.5-10lbs but anyway. Did it come with an alignment tool? If not did the shop have one I am wondering if I need one for the shop to put it on? My kit only came with the clutch, pressure plate and bearing but let me know.
Thanks,
Steve O

Yes it came with an alignment tool, strange that yours didn't.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
Adam how much did your stock A2 flywheel weigh do you know? I know I'm going to get the ACT prolite flywheel, but I'm still debating on what clutch to get.

Stock flywheel was around 17-18 lbs if I remember correctly.
I'd reccomend Exedy or ACT, whichever you can find in stock at a good price. STAY AWAY FROM CLUTCHMASTERS.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-12-2004, 06:23 AM
ADAM,
One more thing did you find it kind of strange that the clutch has such thin pads on it? I hope it will last a while what do you think? Why are the ceramic pads so thin?
Thanks,
Steve O

Did you order the "thick cerametallic" or "thin cerametallic"? I got the thick one and it looks fine. I'm confident it will last a long time. I spoke with one guy with a turbo RSX at near 400hp that is a daily driver and has had around 250 passes at the track and it took him over a year to finally need a new clutch....he was so impressed he bought another exedy stage 2 for the replacement.

bioevolve
06-12-2004, 08:13 AM
As did I on the clutch (thick version) it'll last longer ;) :D

bgsteve523
06-12-2004, 09:17 AM
So what you are telling me is that I am screwed on the clutch because I do not have an alignment tool. I contacted the company that I got i9t from and he said none of the exedy kits he had in had the alighnment tool he thought that was weird too. Any way I guess I NEED AN ALIGNMENT TOOL that will work with this clutch. Are all the tools the same? Where can I get one quickly? Any help will be good right now.
Thank you,
Steve O

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-12-2004, 09:41 AM
So what you are telling me is that I am screwed on the clutch because I do not have an alignment tool. I contacted the company that I got i9t from and he said none of the exedy kits he had in had the alighnment tool he thought that was weird too. Any way I guess I NEED AN ALIGNMENT TOOL that will work with this clutch. Are all the tools the same? Where can I get one quickly? Any help will be good right now.
Thank you,
Steve O

relax bro...big A is here for ya!
you can borrow mine...come pick it up or i can ship it to you if ya want.