PDA

View Full Version : Selling or trading in EP's

DarkSiRacer
06-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Is it me or have there been a lot of for sale signs on Ep's lately. Also lots of trade-ins.

!@#$%
06-11-2004, 08:54 PM
the car has been out for about 2 1/2 yrs or so. I guess the leases are starting to end.

Peking
06-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
the car has been out for about 2 1/2 yrs or so. I guess the leases are starting to end.

Yeah, also most folks get tired quick and the itch for something new start to arise :angel:

ALCT
06-11-2004, 09:23 PM
I still like my car alot, I will keep and mod the hell out of it.:D

dj addicted
06-11-2004, 09:45 PM
the only way I would trade or sell my car was if I could find a hell of a deal on an STI..or a used twin turbo supra.. or a skyline.. thats it.

blueiedgod
06-12-2004, 11:00 AM
I think I have grown out of the Si. I am going to be 30 next year, and I need 4 doors now. TSX is the only thing I have on my mind, as a repuatble replacement for the Si. Maybe for my 30th birthday next year.

DarkSiRacer
06-12-2004, 11:09 AM
I guess for some of us its time to move on...

Wait before you get the wrong idea, I ain't getting rid of my EP... I don't have my 300hp EP yet :D ;)

SONIC SI
06-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
I think I have grown out of the Si. I am going to be 30 next year, and I need 4 doors now. TSX is the only thing I have on my mind, as a repuatble replacement for the Si. Maybe for my 30th birthday next year.

I am in the same boat as you. I am 35 and not getting any younger. This is what I have looking at.

http://www.engine-power.com/img/specs/2004_pontiac_gto_08.jpg

http://www.ultimategto.com/2004/04_00094_6.jpg

k20hatch
06-12-2004, 01:18 PM
<--- Not going to see a for sale sign on this guys ep!!

Si3
06-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch

Word!!!

EP'er 4 Life!

freidaddy
06-12-2004, 04:01 PM

ditto.

Jbo the Great
06-12-2004, 05:27 PM
since i bought my ep in 02 i have had 3 other cars 2 eg's one wrecked one sold and a ek stolen. i think the ep's got good carma its here to stay:cool:

blacksihatch
06-12-2004, 07:52 PM
I almost sold mine, but I think I'll keep ot for another year and then look into a Mazada 6 or a wrx since I am almost in my late 20's

2.0L Monster
06-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by SONIC SI
I am in the same boat as you. I am 35 and not getting any younger. This is what I have looking at.

http://www.engine-power.com/img/specs/2004_pontiac_gto_08.jpg

http://www.ultimategto.com/2004/04_00094_6.jpg

I would trade my si in a second for one of those.

SLOazzEPhatch
06-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by freidaddy
ditto.

i second that

...unless i get a deal on an s2000, supraTT, 350Z, STI, or EVO8:confused:

YooShin
06-13-2004, 11:35 AM

I know how you feel. I turned 29 yesterday and have been thinking about a "bigger" 4 door car for a while now. A friend of mine just got a TSX and it's Awesome. He paid jut under $25K for his w/ the Navigation system. Seems very underpowered though. I almost committed myself to an EVO yesterday but bailed at the last moment. It went like this:

Originally posted by YooShin
Well I went down to the dealership today. Didn't Get one. They had two, both white, one RS one regular. Went through all the paper work and decided against it. The payments were just out of reach. The sales rep tried to convince me into a V6 convertable Eclispse but there is NO way I would be caught dead in one of those. Interesting the price difference between the RS and the "regular" Evo was small. The dealer added some "track service" options on the RS that would replace brake pads, retune the turbo, replace gaskets and adjust camber. At least that's all the Sale guy could come up w/, all for $1.9K. They had some other BS option on the RS that added just about every option to make it a regular EVO. I asked him what was the point? He explained that the RS was not moving because it was so spartan, and the other EVOs turn within a week. They had the RS for a month.

Still a fun experience. I thank the Sale rep and manager for working w/ me and giving me a chance to experience the Evo. Man I tell you, firing it up is awesome alone little alone driving it. The seats are amazingly supportive for being so aggressive, and the peddles were placed perfectly for H/T action. The clutch is VERY stiff and has little give. The shifter is placed nicely but is also stiff to row. Sorry guys, never been in a performance car as serious as the EVO. And yes this thing is serious. Power is "on" all the f*^K'n time. Lag? Couldn't tell the difference between lag and my inexperience w/ a car of this magnatude. Overall I give the car a 4.5 out of 5 stars. The only thing I'd like to see in it is a sunroof. I know, flame on, but the EPs sunroof is the shit and I would miss it. Oh, it would be hard to see myself swapping the better-looking-in-real-life-Enkei wheels for TE37s or 2pc Gold Grams.

Any of ya'll considering an EVO. Go check one out. The dealer I went to is awesome. They've hooked my brother up on his EP and two of my friends that I work w/ on a WRX and a 04 EP. Oh yeah, they're Gillman Honda/Subaru/Mitsubishi of Houston just in case you're wondering. Shoot them an E-Mail and see what they can do for ya;)

redronin22
06-13-2004, 02:16 PM

i was thinking along similar lines. its not a bad motor too. 6 speed k24a2 yummy