PDA

View Full Version : uh i think i want this...

fishboy
10-25-2002, 10:34 AM
http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/k20_r_header.html

:p

DynaSpeed
10-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Am I correct in assuming that the collector takes the place of the catalytic? So it bolts right up to a cat-back exhaust?

fishboy
10-25-2002, 10:52 AM
yup, stictly race header. must.... save .... 1,200 dollars...

02SilverSiHB
10-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/k20_r_header.html

:p
oh hell yeah! it took them forever to come out with one for the B series, and that's the first thing they do for us. :D I don't care if it's not street legal. That bitch is mine!

Pradamuimui
10-25-2002, 12:20 PM
HOLY SHIT...excuse me why I go scream my ass off in COMPLETE JOY!!!

grooveline
10-25-2002, 12:22 PM
If I may... guys, we are on the brink of major environmental damage from global warming.... leave your catalytic converters on. they are there for a reason. jesus, you act like it's going to do wonders for your engine... it won't.

Don't be a fool, keep your catalytic converter.

and just to piss off everyone, I think you are a straight bitch(this is all in fun, however, I'm tryin to get the point across) to pull off your cat. cuz if I see you.... well, lets just hope I don't see you.

silver ep
10-25-2002, 12:31 PM
Id rather get a high flow cat, I dont do a ton of racing

NamingException
10-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
If I may... guys, we are on the brink of major environmental damage from global warming.... leave your catalytic converters on. they are there for a reason. jesus, you act like it's going to do wonders for your engine... it won't.

You speak the truth. I'd think about ripping off my cat and putting in a test pipe for, say, twenty-five horsepower. But the environmental damages don't outweigh the small performance gain.

How big would the performance gain be, anyway? I really don' t know.

fishboy
10-25-2002, 03:39 PM
the clubrsx guys are saying maybe 15-20 hp on the s motor. the spoon model does 20-25hp supposedly. i'm sure we'd see a pretty nice gain.:D

as for the environment, i live in san diego and we are right next to mexico and their emissions standards aren't up to par with cali's strict rules and the wind carries their smog over here so i figure what's a few cars without cats in sd.;)

NamingException
10-25-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
the clubrsx guys are saying maybe 15-20 hp on the s motor. the spoon model does 20-25hp supposedly. i'm sure we'd see a pretty nice gain.:D

as for the environment, i live in san diego and we are right next to mexico and their emissions standards aren't up to par with cali's strict rules and the wind carries their smog over here so i figure what's a few cars without cats in sd.;)

Okay, I take it back. I want one too. I thought you were going to say it would give us four horsepower. I'll take it for fifteen. It's okay if I make it up somehow, right? I've never used aerosol deodorant, and I recycle most of the time.

fishboy
10-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by NamingException

Okay, I take it back. I want one too. I thought you were going to say it would give us four horsepower. I'll take it for fifteen. It's okay if I make it up somehow, right? I've never used aerosol deodorant, and I recycle most of the time.

that's the spirit!

myeverlovinsir
10-25-2002, 04:23 PM
Yep it is sweet, and you loose the cat. nice. But only till you
have to emission test.

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/media/210-055.jpg

02SilverSiHB
10-25-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by grooveline

Don't be a fool, keep your catalytic converter.

and just to piss off everyone, I think you are a straight bitch(this is all in fun, however, I'm tryin to get the point across) to pull off your cat. cuz if I see you.... well, lets just hope I don't see you.
yeah, your right though. I was mainly excited about how the down pipe was eliminted and now a new bigger one was going to be there. That header is too much for our cars right now. Like it says on the site, you pretty much have to have a lot of mods to get an affect.
If you go supercharger, the header will hurt you because you need shorter primaries and not a long tube design. Second, I might go turbo, so that's going to eliminate a header

nx2kta
10-27-2002, 11:50 PM
a must have for nitrous

yomamaInMySi
10-28-2002, 06:52 AM
Fishboi, if we all take your attitude and start comparing our emission standard to that of of Mexico or any other country, we'd be living with gas mask on a daily basis. We can't afford to take this attitude or we are going to fuck the only place we have to live on, and not to mention a place for our children. I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but that's reality. Also you mentioned that our emission standards are higher than that of Mexico...Well guess what, we are the first, yes the first major producer of emission air polutants of the world, yes the US of A is number one. Why do you think countries like Japan were pissed off when President Jacks Ass Bush and his administration did not ratify the Kyoto treaty.

Not a cermon just a thought.

By the way for that kind of money, you may want to save and wait 'til a Turbo comes out.

fishboy
10-28-2002, 10:02 AM
yeah, well what's one or two or 100 guys with that attitude.:D besides i was only kidding.:) yeah i don't think i would even get that thing. like 02silver pointed out, that thing is for serious all-motor or power adder. i plan on using my car as a daily driver, with a turbo.;)

yomamaInMySi
10-28-2002, 11:06 AM
Well thought fishy

fishboy
10-28-2002, 11:21 AM
why, thank you.

grooveline
10-28-2002, 11:35 AM
and now..... girls jumping on trampolines!

K20ACTR
10-29-2002, 01:35 PM
Well I plan on getting this header when it comes out. Just got my comptech exhaust, and I about crapped myself when i saw this header. Comptech said that it should be out late December. I plan on putting a Type R head on and redoing the pistons, rods, etc. so I look forward to it.

02SilverSiHB
10-29-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by K20ACTR
Well I plan on getting this header when it comes out. Just got my comptech exhaust, and I about crapped myself when i saw this header. Comptech said that it should be out late December. I plan on putting a Type R head on and redoing the pistons, rods, etc. so I look forward to it.
well, if you're going all out with a type r head and upgrading the internals, I'd say that's major engine work, so it'll benefit you more than it would someone like me

CleanBlackSi02
10-29-2002, 03:55 PM
That's a nice piece! I'd feel bad polluting the environment more than I already do though...

chakra71
10-29-2002, 04:39 PM
I like the idea of adding that piece along with tons of other mods that would give me god's power but... i bought a honda for three reasons. 1) honda reliability -- easy enough it's a honda it will last forever if you take care of it. 2) honda power -- powerful car yet somehow economical. 3) environment -- honda has displayed a commitment to our environment that most companies can't even think about. they have the cleanest factories, the cleanest cars, the cleanest outlook. try to find a poluting honda... guarantee it's been hopped up.

this ball of blue we live on is all we have. let's make it last.

"The more you change yourself, the more you change the odds." -- Project Pitchfork