PDA

View Full Version : worn tires = poor shifting?

RedLight_Si
06-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Ive recently noticed some notchiness in the shifting on my car. It wasnt grinding or anything. It would go into gear just fine but was just a little notchy. Ive just recently replaced my very worn out Blizzak snow tires with some new Rota wheels and Kuhmo tires and it seems like the notchiness is gone and now shifts like new. Is there any logic to this or is it just in my mind?

Thanks.

Peking
06-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Something similiar I noticed. I usually sit all the way back (as far as the seat can go), everyone is always like how can you drive sitting so far back. Well I liked it, but lately I noticed my gears/shifting not being smooth. Then I had to move the seat up to lower the rear seats. Then drove, amazing how it was different. Now I will be sitting much closer :)

STP03BlueSI
06-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Something similiar I noticed. I usually sit all the way back (as far as the seat can go), everyone is always like how can you drive sitting so far back. Well I liked it, but lately I noticed my gears/shifting not being smooth. Then I had to move the seat up to lower the rear seats. Then drove, amazing how it was different. Now I will be sitting much closer :)

You tryin to drive that PIMP style arnt you.:D

Peking
06-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
You tryin to drive that PIMP style arnt you.:D

Only way to do it Chris LOL :D

HondCivc91
06-12-2004, 08:24 PM
No no, I learned this in college this past semester in Philly. It's called "ridin' the b pillar" because supposedly, in a drive-by, a thug, homie, or "nigga" can correctly dodge his head from bullets and drive away.

I suppose this could apply for a pimp aslo who's ho did not provide good business and a customer is angry.

And yes, I am the whitest white guy.

HondCivc91
06-12-2004, 08:29 PM
oh and by the way i notice my shifer seems different when i'm sitting up more (when people are in the back seat.

I mean my shifter isn't on the dash and it's isn't really "sport-tuned" persay, it's more of an econobox 4spd manual.

I never noticed that my shifting had to do with what tires I had on my car.