PDA

View Full Version : Seats is our EP

atl-si
10-25-2002, 12:14 PM
I'm am curious like heck to know who makes our seats. I did a search on ephatch.com but couldn't not find out who manufactured these seats. Anybody out there knows? Or is it made by Honda.

SmoothOperator
10-25-2002, 12:32 PM
I believe SPARCO makes our seats. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

bmx269
10-25-2002, 12:35 PM
Wrong, as far as I am told by my friend at honda, the seats are made by Recaro, like our MOMO stearing wheels, its just that the are not licensed to use their names on the products in north america. Take a look at the MOMO steering wheel compaired to ours, they look almost excatly the same.

SmoothOperator
10-25-2002, 12:43 PM
Cool thanks for clearing that up.

Fizz Autosports
10-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Yes the SI seats are in fact manufactured for honda by RECARO

atl-si
10-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by bmx269
Wrong, as far as I am told by my friend at honda, the seats are made by Recaro, like our MOMO stearing wheels, its just that the are not licensed to use their names on the products in north america. Take a look at the MOMO steering wheel compaired to ours, they look almost excatly the same.
Thanks. It make me feel better since I paid alot of $$$ for this car.

natesi
10-25-2002, 05:49 PM
LOL

Me too!!

LazyAzzAzian
10-28-2002, 07:51 PM
wow feels good to know we got RECARO seats :D

yomamaInMySi
10-29-2002, 08:07 AM
Just like Enkei makes the wheels (I think), Alpine the stereo (I think they have been doing this for years), and Who makes the suspension?????

ssvr6
10-29-2002, 08:45 AM
Fisher Price...

:(

Steve

yomamaInMySi
10-29-2002, 08:51 AM
No way seriously?

grooveline
10-29-2002, 09:40 AM
MOMO does mak our steering wheel. There is a MOMO indention/mark/ something on the TYPE R steering wheels.

SmoothOperator
10-29-2002, 11:22 AM
Alpine the stereo (I think they have been doing this for years)
Actually Pioneer makes honda stereos.

Gasp23
10-29-2002, 12:36 PM
This is the reason I bought the car. I like it the way it is right now. And if I ever want to change it I will, but I love it the way it is right now, no like the Old hatchback I had, 90, which I had to practically remodel it.

Got to love the EP man! Gota love it!

Feng
11-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but our seats are not made by RECARO and just because the JAPS got momo made steering wheels doesn't mean we do and we don't.

-feng

Feng
11-06-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
Just like Enkei makes the wheels (I think), Alpine the stereo (I think they have been doing this for years), and Who makes the suspension?????

MacPherson

yomamaInMySi
11-06-2002, 01:27 PM
then who makes it? Probably some sweat shop in china:D

Feng
11-06-2002, 01:30 PM
then who makes it? Probably some sweat shop in china:D

where ever they are made from, its not from RECARO. and for all the nonbelievers, unzipp the seat and see if there is a RECARO's offical tag on it, all recaros have them, and second, if it had RECAROs then Honda would have advertise them with RECAROs.

yomamaInMySi
11-06-2002, 01:39 PM
MacPherson makes the suspension? That's funny I thought that MacPherson was the design not the manufacturer.

Feng
11-06-2002, 02:10 PM
MacPherson makes the suspension? That's funny I thought that MacPherson was the design not the manufacturer.

well your wrong BITCH!!!...j/k i get carried away sometimes, but if i'm wrong tell me. i'm not a bad sport.

Feng
11-06-2002, 02:14 PM
since we are on the subject, does anyone know how much our knock off Recaros are worth? i got a guy that wants my seats and willing to trade a new sparco seat for it. what shall i do? and remember, i have side air bags, i don't know if its worth it to trade.

-feng

HK_EP3
11-06-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Feng

where ever they are made from, its not from RECARO. and for all the nonbelievers, unzipp the seat and see if there is a RECARO's offical tag on it, all recaros have them, and second, if it had RECAROs then Honda would have advertise them with RECAROs.
Our seat IS made by RECARO fo sho

yomamaInMySi
11-06-2002, 02:50 PM
I was actually asking you. I guess I should have put the question mark on there. I am not sure if that's the case, but I think that the desigh is MacPherson, just like the old civics have a double wishbone suspension design. But I think that MacPherson is just the design. Any who, hell yeah trade the seat for the Recaros. As long the recaros are new ofcourse. You can also sell them for about 1200 for both or more so long they're a great shape. There's a pair on ebay going for that much. I thought about selling mine too, but then decided to keep them. It makes the car look more original inside. Oh excuseme, you may be able to get more since the have the SRS on the side. But they're heavier so I don't know if you'd find that many people interested.

Feng
11-06-2002, 06:00 PM
I was actually asking you. I guess I should have put the question mark on there. I am not sure if that's the case, but I think that the desigh is MacPherson, just like the old civics have a double wishbone suspension design. But I think that MacPherson is just the design. Any who, hell yeah trade the seat for the Recaros. As long the recaros are new ofcourse. You can also sell them for about 1200 for both or more so long they're a great shape. There's a pair on ebay going for that much. I thought about selling mine too, but then decided to keep them. It makes the car look more original inside. Oh excuseme, you may be able to get more since the have the SRS on the side. But they're heavier so I don't know if you'd find that many people interested.

actually the guy is offering sparcos, if it was recaros i would do it for sure, but i'm kind like you, i feel the same way about our seats. Sparcos is too played out, and there isn't any originality. Even thou our seats aren't the shit, but they are ours only, no one else can have them. and plus i got the side air bag, that shit might save me one day. but yea its good to know what my options are.

Feng
11-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Si_Dra6NStyL

Our seat IS made by RECARO fo sho

no its not! FO SHOOOOOO!!!

ssvr6
11-07-2002, 07:26 AM
Yes, they are Recaro.

Steve

Feng
11-07-2002, 01:11 PM
no, they are not. prove it steve and that other guy that didn't believe me.

feng

SmoothOperator
11-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Feng...why don't you prove that they are NOT recarros?
Why would the UKDM Type-R have recarros, and USDM EP not have them? They're exactly the same seats only theirs have "Type R" embroidered on them.
I need proof one way or another.

Fizz Autosports
11-07-2002, 03:40 PM
since we are on the subject, does anyone know how much our knock off Recaros are worth? i got a guy that wants my seats and willing to trade a new sparco seat for it. what shall i do? and remember, i have side air bags, i don't know if its worth it to trade.

-feng

Well I'm pretty convinced they are Recaros, but either way they Run about $800 each from the dealer.

civic hatch boi
11-07-2002, 03:45 PM
just got off the fone with HoA.. honda of america and yes. they are recaros.

ssvr6
11-07-2002, 04:53 PM
There ya go, your proof.

Thanks for placing the call.

Steve

Feng
11-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Feng...why don't you prove that they are NOT recarros?
Why would the UKDM Type-R have recarros, and USDM EP not have them? They're exactly the same seats only theirs have "Type R" embroidered on them.
I need proof one way or another.

they are not the exacty the same seats, the old type r's in the us did not have the same nice recaros in japan. and i say again, just because some other country have it doesn't mean we do. for those that say the seats are recaros does this mean that you paid for a si with recaros because i didn't and they are not.

Feng
11-07-2002, 04:59 PM
if they are recaros, then why didn't honda advertise them as recaros, don't you think that would help to boost the value of the car. and i don't see any tags on the seats that says made by recaro because recaro marks all their seats one way or another. Honda of American for who ever called it wants you to buy their car, they act as dealers, if they tell you its made by recaro then its going to increase the chances of you buying it.

SmoothOperator
11-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Ugh.....I give up. I think they're Recaros. That's that.

civic hatch boi
11-07-2002, 06:17 PM
why doesn't it say enkei on our tires then? why doesn' tit say pioneer on our stereos?

Si4U2NV
11-07-2002, 06:24 PM
ooo nice one civic hatch boi, hehehe...
this is a pretty interesting argument... both sidez bring up very valid points...but this is MY point... theyre OUR carz...and i paid a lot of money for mine...so if they say they are... im just gonna believe it... y DONT u WANNA believe it!? might as well!? i mean, my friend was talkin to me bout my car and how he likez the seatz (among other thingz) and i was like thanx...theyre recaros... who carez if they SAY recaro on em? there are some Type Rz (carz not seatz or knobz or w/e) that DONT SAY TYPE R ON THEM!? sometimez itz nice to be a lil mysterious...

sorry for the long post...had to drop my 2 centz into the toll both collector...thing... hehehe...

;)

-Mike

smapzy
11-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Just let him say no to everything, all I know is, the steering wheel is made by MOMO. As for the seat, I don't know, but I'm very happy with it. Talk about seat....did anyone sit on a 350Z seat? Man, it's the best!:cool:

downhil
11-07-2002, 06:39 PM
just to clear it up... the macpherson strut is a patented design, not the manufacturer. if any of you are into mountain biking you will agree with me. there are rear suspension bikes that are mac struts. its a very basic design, but effective. another bike analogy is the horst link, which is a patented dropout design that is made AND licensed by multiple companies.

ssvr6
11-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Here's an example. The GTi 337.

The wheels are BBS but have VW center caps.
Votex Body Kit
Recaro seats (Embroidered)

Now, the GTi (non 337's) seats are Designed BY RECARO for VW. They're a VW OEM part and are ONLY available as part of the GTi. Hence the lack of embroidered insignia. They normally opt for the stitched name for "sport models" anyway. The GTi and Jetta 2.0 16v had them, the 337's and European MK4 sport models.

The Type R's are sport models, hence the stitching. (IMO)

Steve

LazyAzzAzian
11-07-2002, 08:06 PM
hmmm...who cares, im gonna keep telling myself i got recaros...it makes me feel better :D even if im lying to myself

ssvr6
11-07-2002, 09:07 PM
LOL! That's the best answer yet!

Steve

Feng
11-08-2002, 09:58 PM
does this mean that you guys all paid for recaros?

HK_EP3
11-08-2002, 10:55 PM
y do u keep saying that? dont u have a Si? if we paid for it then u paid for it.... im confused

poppasp1ce
11-08-2002, 11:05 PM

yes, feel better now?

TomR123
11-16-2002, 06:24 PM
If your happier that your seats were made by recaro rather than they feel good your a little odd. Think that you payed for the car, not that you could say you have recaros or a momo steering wheel. jmo

ssvr6
11-16-2002, 06:45 PM
I paid for a car that I like. It's bonus that it has Recaro seats and a Momo steering wheel.

Steve

LazyAzzAzian
11-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by TomR123
If your happier that your seats were made by recaro rather than they feel good your a little odd. Think that you payed for the car, not that you could say you have recaros or a momo steering wheel. jmo

why are we odd? by having recaros, we have one of the best seats on the market, they are known for quality and comfort, having comfortable seats is nice but knowing we have the recaro name to back it up makes it feel even nicer...of course we paid for the car but damn, the seats are one of the reasons i decided to get the car ;)

K20A3
12-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Steve,

I did the search and read thru many pages of "yes they are" and "no they are not" Recaro. Yes this topic has been covered but there are no definitive answers.

All opinions and no substance. I really want to know if the seats are or are not Recaro. All Recaro I've ever seen have Recaro tags on them. No tags on the Si seats.

Has anyone found any EVIDENCE the seats are Recaro?

And if you don't care if they are Recaro or not, don't reply.

ssvr6
12-11-2002, 11:07 AM
There are a lot of parts that are out there that are made without brands on them....

VW GTi's use Recaro seats. The 337's get a "sportier" model with tagging, but the regulars get recaros as well. They also have BBS wheels with a VW center cap, not a BBS one.

Place a call to Honda USA if you really want to know. That's what someone else did.

Steve

K20A3
12-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Steve,

I switched to Honda from VW and the seats in the regular GTI are not Recaro. In the rest of the world they are but not in the USA. I know this for a fact. The 337 is the only recent GTI with OEM Recaro seats.
I'm going to drop the issue about Recaro in the Si. I did call Honda and was told that the seats in Si were not Recaro. That and seeing them advertised for sale as Recaro is what started me questioning who was the manufacture. Either way they are really nice seats. Not worth more than $300 to $400 as private sale but just my opinion.
Also, no regrets with my switch to Honda from VW.

Jpax
12-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by K20A3
Steve,

I switched to Honda from VW and the seats in the regular GTI are not Recaro. In the rest of the world they are but not in the USA. I know this for a fact. The 337 is the only recent GTI with OEM Recaro seats.
I'm going to drop the issue about Recaro in the Si. I did call Honda and was told that the seats in Si were not Recaro. That and seeing them advertised for sale as Recaro is what started me questioning who was the manufacture. Either way they are really nice seats. Not worth more than $300 to $400 as private sale but just my opinion.
Also, no regrets with my switch to Honda from VW.
wiotch vw did you get? i saw a gti 1.8l T driving down the road lowered and pimping 17"rims. looked hella clean. :cool:

MugenMan
12-14-2002, 01:04 PM
if they are recaros, then why didn't honda advertise them as recaros, don't you think that would help to boost the value of the car. and i don't see any tags on the seats that says made by recaro because recaro marks all their seats one way or another. Honda of American for who ever called it wants you to buy their car, they act as dealers, if they tell you its made by recaro then its going to increase the chances of you buying it.

Honda wouldn't and probably couldn't advertise them as Recaro's if they didn't have a license to do so. You think Momo lets Subaru use the Momo name in their WRX without getting paid for it? Hell no. Its called licensing agreements, and manufacturers pay extra for stuff like that. Why should Honda pay extra for use of the Recaro name in their car, if they already have the seat?

Secondly, what does HoA accomplish by lying to the guy who called them? He already has an Si. Just because it doesn't say Brand X all over the product, doesn't mean it wasn't made by Brand X. Stuff like this goes on in the business world 24/7 in many different industries.

Thirdly, I have never heard of a seat being able to boost the value of a car. I mean damn, that would have to be some :p f!@#ing incredible seat that gives massages and BJs while you drive or some shit. :rolleyes:

OriginalName52
12-14-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by MugenMan

Honda wouldn't and probably couldn't advertise them as Recaro's if they didn't have a license to do so. You think Momo lets Subaru use the Momo name in their WRX without getting paid for it? Hell no. Its called licensing agreements, and manufacturers pay extra for stuff like that. Why should Honda pay extra for use of the Recaro name in their car, if they already have the seat?

Secondly, what does HoA accomplish by lying to the guy who called them? He already has an Si. Just because it doesn't say Brand X all over the product, doesn't mean it wasn't made by Brand X. Stuff like this goes on in the business world 24/7 in many different industries.

Thirdly, I have never heard of a seat being able to boost the value of a car. I mean damn, that would have to be some :p f!@#ing incredible seat that gives massages and BJs while you drive or some shit. :rolleyes:

Actually, it works the other way around. For instance the software company I work for has both reselling and OEM agreements with quite a few partners. The one's OEM'ing us (Selling our product with their company's name on it) pay us about triple what the people reselling us do. That said, I'm not trying to argue either way, but just because they don't advertise it as such doesn't mean it isn't.

-O

JLannoo
12-14-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by OriginalName52

Actually, it works the other way around....

-O

I think it can works both ways. If your a small company you may want to get your name out there and pay someone or give a special deal if they use your name/logo.

On the other hand if you already have big name clout you may charge someone for the right to flash your name.

31102si
12-16-2002, 12:53 PM
We have the same exact steering wheel as the type r. The only difference is the red or black H symble. So if the type r steering wheel is made by momo then so is ours. And I'm pretty sure our seats are made by recaro.

ssvr6
12-16-2002, 01:10 PM
Yeah, this thread has been beaten to death.

Steve