PDA

View Full Version : Success/Rant/Help!

DoMahMeGok
06-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Success
I have successfully completed my first custom mod, even though I got the instructions off ephatch, this by far is the most custom work I have done ever. My S2000 button works!
Rant
After the installation, I moved the hazard to the right hole slot, after fabricating a custom bracket to hold the button in place, I tried putting the dash back in and the Bracket is too big!!! it won't fit back in! so now I have to make another bracket, even though it isn't too hard, it did take a person of my limited abilities a good while
Problem
Every time I press the clutch in my car now makes a new click sound. I know it is from the starter button. I used the black/white button for the iginition and the black/yellow one for the power. I grounded the wire to the chassis of the car. I believe the problem lies in the black/yellow wire, is there another wire that I can splice into draw power without making the clicking sound?

Thanks for the help and for reading my story.

Civicvtec1ps
06-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Just tap it into cig 12v harness.

DoMahMeGok
06-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Just tap it into cig 12v harness.

I just dont know where it is. know what color wire it is? thanks

Silvershadow
07-09-2004, 05:56 PM
That clicking may have been there b4.There's a safety switch on the clutch so you don't start the car w/d clutch engaged.

serialdriller
07-10-2004, 09:00 AM
my clutch clicks too! i think its pretty normal.

DoMahMeGok
07-10-2004, 07:57 PM
That clicking may have been there b4.There's a safety switch on the clutch so you don't start the car w/d clutch engaged.
I don't remember hearing it before, but if it was suppose to stop the car from starting without the clutch being pressed in, I don't think it would be doing it while shifting gears. but it doesn't matter now I got use to the clicking and with the radio on I can barely hear it.

Silvershadow
07-11-2004, 12:33 AM
THe clutch safety switch is activated every time u press the clutch even though the curcuit only works during starting & to turn off the criuse.

trk
07-11-2004, 08:11 AM
If your "clutch" clicks its most likely your tranny NOT your clutch ... and it probably is screaming for a MTL change.

Silvershadow
07-17-2004, 01:26 AM
U must have good hearing.Check where d clutch pedal hits d switch.There should b a rubber bump stop on the pedal mayb ur bump stop is missing?

VIZHUNZ02SI
07-17-2004, 08:01 AM
its your starter, when installing the s2000 or any push start button, the button has to be adjusted.u have to push the clutch in in order to start you car right. so if you push start button is set a lil to tight, its sendin power to you starter. so every time you push the clutch pedal in. it will click grind or make some funny noise