PDA

View Full Version : D2 or KW V2??

sier
06-12-2004, 09:11 PM
I know D2 is a much better deal with the pillow mount and camber plate, but KW is such a good brand. Do I really need that camber plate? Or I just buy the front camber bolts to correct camber problem??
THX!!!

fsugatorbait
06-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by sier
I know D2 is a much better deal with the pillow mount and camber plate, but KW is such a good brand. Do I really need that camber plate? Or I just buy the front camber bolts to correct camber problem??
THX!!!

Ive heard bad things about d2's from someone who called numerous shops out in cali about them. Ive got the KW's, not totally happy with them but would take them over the d2's in a heartbeat.

psylovibe
06-13-2004, 07:38 AM
im quite happy with my d2 for one day so far in. just the rear cant go any lower than 1.5.handling is a whole lot better.

sier
06-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
not totally happy with them but would take them over the d2's in a heartbeat.

Which was the thing that bugging you from KW?

fsugatorbait
06-13-2004, 02:24 PM
They can be bumpy over certain road conditions. Now they are my 1st full coilover but when I drove my friends 00 si with the type flex it was a totally different feel. Just comes down to ride preference.

sier
06-13-2004, 02:38 PM
They can be bumpy over certain road conditions. Now they are my 1st full coilover but when I drove my friends 00 si with the type flex it was a totally different feel. Just comes down to ride preference.

How about preformance-wise on the KW? Is it as good as Tein FLEX? You know, Tein flex is just too expensive i think..

fsugatorbait
06-13-2004, 04:39 PM
How about preformance-wise on the KW? Is it as good as Tein FLEX? You know, Tein flex is just too expensive i think..

I didnt get enough time in the driver seat with his setup before he sold to tell. KW's are good dont get me wrong, just not as geared towards my driving preference when compared with the Flex.

sier
06-13-2004, 05:58 PM
good, any other comment?

hamsup
06-16-2004, 02:38 PM
I have KWs on my RSX... they are great... i also got the pillow ball mount they offered.... really the ride is stiff.. but you could also tune it to the softest setting !!!! i have mine on almost at full stiffness at the front... not bad !!! handles great... i think the only downside i could think of is that they are a bit noisey.... sometimes you can hear the springs compress.. but besides that... it's very good !!! quite user friendly and all !

sier
06-16-2004, 09:16 PM
so you mean that they have pillowmount for ep3 too?

VNlilMAN
06-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Ive heard bad things about d2's from someone who called numerous shops out in cali about them.
What shops??? D2s are fairly new to the US market. As of now there are only 2 US distributors and only 1 is currently selling them i think. Not a whole lot of sets came in but so far everyone who has them loves them. I was probably one of the first, they ride awesome with my 18s.

fsugatorbait
06-17-2004, 06:08 AM
so you mean that they have pillowmount for ep3 too?

Yup, there about $200 more.

fsugatorbait
06-17-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by VNlilMAN
What shops??? D2s are fairly new to the US market. As of now there are only 2 US distributors and only 1 is currently selling them i think. Not a whole lot of sets came in but so far everyone who has them loves them. I was probably one of the first, they ride awesome with my 18s.

Not sure what shops he called, but got the same type of response from all of them.

VNlilMAN
06-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Probably cause they dont carry them. A lot of shops dont really know a whole lot and if they do they'll usually recommend what they sell. I went to one shop and they recommended sprint springs.. there are A LOT of other springs that are better than sprint and for the same price too. Dont always believe what shops tell you...

Not sure what shops he called, but got the same type of response from all of them.

03ephatch
06-21-2004, 08:46 PM
i have d2's. at the alignment shop, the tech told me the camber plates were installed wrong. i sent my car back in today for the unusual reason, the front camber plates, nuts were riveted upside down. they had to press them out and install them correctly(from a set that came straight from taiwan). front brake brackets came separate so they had to be modified to go over the original position. rear brake lines had to be zip-tied. all in all, i'm finding a lot of dicrepancies on them. ride impression... better than race springs- OEM struts i had.