PDA

View Full Version : Test drove an S2000 today

SLOazzEPhatch
06-12-2004, 10:01 PM
WHOA! I fell in love. unfortunatly the 480+ a month payment i couldn't handle:'( I almost had forgotten what real VTEC felt like. If i ever see an S2K for the 15K-17K range i believe i will try my hardest to afford it, although i am sure insurance on that will be a tad different than that on my EP3:D
To sum up though, INCREDIBLE CAR! whoever says they don't like the ride should remember that this car is a SPORTS CAR; Not a cadillac.

enecks
06-12-2004, 10:13 PM
i've seen a few high-mileage examples on ebay under twenty grand. wish i could afford one, too, mate. someday...

bobdobbs
06-12-2004, 11:53 PM
I have possibly a dumb question about the s2k: Why does it have dual exhausts on a four cylinder engine? Is it just for looks or is there a good performances reason?

mrfixit687
06-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
I have possibly a dumb question about the s2k: Why does it have dual exhausts on a four cylinder engine? Is it just for looks or is there a good performances reason?

factory rice

Karim
06-13-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs

Pure looks and to make the car slower by adding a ton of weight! The whole catback comes in at 50 lbs. You'll see quite a few people go to a single exhaust and some go all the way down to the full Ti singles which can weigh in as low as 6-8 lbs. But those tend to be a little loud :D go here for osme sound clips http://www.s2000library.com

Originally posted by SLOazzEPhatch
If i ever see an S2K for the 15K-17K range i believe i will try my hardest to afford it

They aren't hard to find at all,

Look here... http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=109

and/or ask in your local owners club forum http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/clubs.php

Karim

goy091
06-13-2004, 02:49 AM
i got to drive my uncles E46 M3 back from dinner after i graduated HS a couple years ago, OMG! im guessing your feeling was the same. i had a smile on my face for hrs and was shaking. i mean holy hell, power at any RPM and flying by traffic while he was saying take it to redline. what i wouldnt give to have a fast car that would pull ass like no other, hahaha.

the S2000 def the #1 attainable car on my list! realistically speaking they should be pretty cheap by the time im outa college haha. ive seen some go for low 20's that are in good shape, so 2-3 yrs of deprecation sbould put them in the high-mid teens by the time im out and able to afford something.

the insurance on the other hand.... might have to look into that.

the dual exhaust on the car is purely cosmetic, and its not a true dual setup. the header goes a to a Y section. to be honest i really like it though, its Porsche-esq. :D

SLOazzEPhatch
06-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Where could i go to test drive a Supra TT. i really would like to drive one just to see what it is like. that is the only other car kinda in the price range of the s2000. Anyone know of a nice supra owner that would just let me take there's around the block for a drive?:D :D :D

siver-SI
06-14-2004, 06:41 PM
I wish so bad I could fit in this car. My knees are on the wheel with a 36" inseam. :'(

When I was at my new dealer the one sales guy was going to give me a test drive while I wated for my oil change but I got in the floor model and I just could not fit. I was so disapointed.

One good thing though go to a dealership that sells all high end cars and they will give you a test drive in any Honda since to them a S2000 is like a civic compared to some of their cars. I look at all the cars there but the GM crap but they are even at anouther lot they are now with the Honda's and the high end cars. Benz blows me off when I look but I had a BMW guy try to get me to test drive a used certified M3 but I did not have the time that day.

www.motorwerks.com is my new dealership and I love it there. They are cool with mods. They said to me as long as they are installed right and do not seem to be the cause of the problem we have not problem with them. When they found out I had the service manual and read it the service manager looked shocked, but then complomented me on the drop after they got done with oil change. I guess they checked over my work or something because he said it made the car look a lot better and I did a good job on the install.

!@#$%
06-14-2004, 06:52 PM
I see a blue 04 s2k everytime i head out to ut dallas.

I absolutely love that car. Headlights, wheels, tails, bumper.....everything. I will have one before I die.

todaCspec
06-15-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm waiting for new body style to come out. Just changing the front bumper, headlights, taillights is not enough. Don't get me wrong it looks sweet now, but for $30g's I don't won't it to resemble to the 00 model too much.

SiGuy
06-15-2004, 01:41 PM
I sell Hondas and we don't know of any changes for the final model in 05. Honda spent alot of money on the changes in 04, doubt they will spend more - but you never know with Honda. Prelude in 06!!

SLOazzEPhatch
06-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by SiGuy
I sell Hondas and we don't know of any changes for the final model in 05. Honda spent alot of money on the changes in 04, doubt they will spend more - but you never know with Honda. Prelude in 06!!

Prelude in 06?? i haven't heard that. got pics?

dankdogg
06-15-2004, 09:00 PM
i also was able to test drive an 03 s200 this past weekend took it for a cruise. then on to bethpage parkway (for those who live in the area. all i can say is..

WHAT A CAR.

:m:

SiGuy
06-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Drive a 04 with the extra tourqe! They're even better! :D
Handle better too.

SLOazzEPhatch
06-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Drive a 04 with the extra tourqe! They're even better! :D
Handle better too.

that is what i test drove.

schreff
06-16-2004, 11:45 AM
If you get one you gatta get the blue rag top for it. SICK!!!:D

SiGuy
06-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Sorry SLOWassEPHATCH, thought you said a 03. But yes, Prelude in 06 according to my Honda rep. No pics though, all we know is that it will probably be AWD and either boosted or a vtec v6. Should be in the 275-300hp range and compete with STI's and Evo's.

SLOazzEPhatch
06-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Sorry SLOWassEPHATCH, thought you said a 03. But yes, Prelude in 06 according to my Honda rep. No pics though, all we know is that it will probably be AWD and either boosted or a vtec v6. Should be in the 275-300hp range and compete with STI's and Evo's.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

redronin22
06-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Cough BS Cough

SLOazzEPhatch
06-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
Cough BS Cough

lol

eurosteez
06-16-2004, 10:56 PM
prelude in 06?

SiGuy
06-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Call bullshit all you want, that's what we were told by the southeastern Honda representative. I would'nt post it if it were not true. You'll see in '06. Do you really think Honda won't have something to replace the s2k in 06?

the giant ep3
06-17-2004, 09:44 AM
honda needs to keep a convertible in the line up i am hoping that they will make the accord available to keep up with toyota, i sell honda's too and haven't heard anything about the lude coming back, but I wouldn't be surprised, what can they do to make the s2k look better? It is a sweet machine, there was a white 2001 with a supercharger going for around 21k otd, but i can't afford that yet. they are the bomb to lease because they hold their value so well. i am torn on the f20c vs f22c. I know that the f22 is faster, but the vtec on the f20 hit so much harder, their whole goal was to make it more of an everyday car, but man when the f20 hit vtec it slams you back in your seat. sweet car

SiGuy
06-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Yeah it would be cool if they would offer the 6speed accord in a convertable, we'd probably sell more that way. Not sure how it is where you're at but the 6speed is cold down here. I think I prefer the f22 over the f20 b/c it's more linear, but I gotta admit that the f20 is more thrilling to drive, not to mention hearing it rev to 9k! Yeah I actually considered leasing a s2k, but my ins would be as much as a house payment!!:eek: But yeah our Honda rep is pretty forthcoming with inside info.:D