PDA

View Full Version : Figured out the new server

DownTheHatch
10-25-2002, 06:29 PM
Okay dudes, I just got the forum running on its own on the new server. Right now you're still accessing the forum on it's old server.

One catch though, the old server's files are about 3 days old and there have been alot of new posts and new members since then. So I will have to download this backup, and move it over to the new server, which should take apx. 15min at most.

Just a fair warning, anything you post within the next 15 minutes may not make it to the new server so I suggest you hold off. And for those of you about to register just wait a few minutes.

This will be a seamless transfer. You'll know you're on the new forum if you go to ephatch.com, click on forum, and don't pass through the "Auto Redirect Page", I will also make a reply to this thread telling you that its all done.

Thanks for your continued support!

myeverlovinsir
10-25-2002, 06:40 PM
DTH can you explain why I have not been able to access my
msg replies from my hotmail account, am always getting invalid
thread responses, is this part of the move as well. Its really hard
to follow everything without that. tks.

DownTheHatch
10-25-2002, 07:10 PM
Taking longer than I thought, give me a little more time :)

ssvr6
10-25-2002, 09:21 PM
How's it going?

Steve

NamingException
10-25-2002, 11:28 PM
At this point, you'll probably need another export of the forum database, or you'll probably loose quite a few posts. Sometimes you just got to get the job done though.

DownTheHatch
10-26-2002, 08:20 AM
I've been trying about 7-8 times to upload the db but everytime I'm like 80-90% uploaded my internet connection drops. I'll try to upload it again and it fails. I'm really tired. I'm going to keep trying this morning.