PDA

View Full Version : Help diagnose my car problem

JBS02
06-13-2004, 06:00 PM
At 34,000 miles, a light clattering sound can be heard from the transmission area at idle. When I engage the clutch, the sound goes away. Let the clutch back out and the sound returns. The sound gets louder when the cooling fans come on. Release bearing failure? The clutch action feels fine at this point. I don't do burnouts, but do shift at redline occasionally. Any quesses?

bigben21
06-13-2004, 06:02 PM
usually when this happenes its the input shaft bearing wearing out, but it could be the clutch release bearing to its hard to call i would have to hear it for myself to help you out.

civicSIracer
06-13-2004, 06:10 PM
best bet, take it to honda to get it checked out and fixed..

VietSi
06-13-2004, 06:11 PM
you have 2k left on your warranty...why not just take it in so the dealer can have a look at it?

ep pilot
06-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Personally it sounds a lot like what I was hearing. Come back from driving for about an hour, pull up in the driveway, then you hear a faint clatter coming from the drive train area. Well I can say this a month ago I had been driving with torn motor mounts, and the extra slack in the engine/ trans could attribute to rattles and clatter etc.. since Honda replaced my M/M