PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
06-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Just ordered some Hawk HPS front brake pads. Did some research and found that these seem to be favored as the best all around street performance pads.

My question is...what kinda rotors should I get?

There's a bunch on eBay but they're all cross drilled / slotted. I have no issues w/ the slots, but I've seen cross drilled rotors crack and I don't want problems. I wouldnt mind some slotted rotors but I cant seem to find any...If I dont find anything i'll have to hit up Acura for some stock replacements.

Anyone got any reccomendations and/or links?

T.I.A.

PS: Remember, I have RSX Type-S brakes.

bioevolve
06-13-2004, 06:22 PM
I got cross/drilled and slotted, have had no problems with them. Fronts are ebay versions, also heated them up and driven them through deep water. No warpage and nor cracks so far. About 8000 miles on them so far.
I would say after you get them turned, then you will have probs of quicker warpage and cracks. I don't intend to turn mine, just buy new ones. ;) :D

Tenacious G
06-13-2004, 08:04 PM
slotted will wear down pads much quicker because the slots act as a razor ... kind of shaving down pads. i'd just go w/ Brembo OEM blanks. stronger than stock w/ still good heat dispersal properties.

Tenacious G
06-13-2004, 08:04 PM
oh, and moved to suspension :D

mdoyle
06-13-2004, 08:11 PM
I've had Brembo blanks that I had cross drilled and slotted on my Prelude for a year now. No warping, never needed to be turned yet, great all around rotors.

mrfixit687
06-13-2004, 08:26 PM
you can get powerslot rotors

JohnR
06-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Raybestos makes a slotted rotor for the Civic I think it is called a powerstop or superstop. Other than that are you looking for performance or look. The stock brakes are probalby more than you need unless you are Autocrossing.