PDA

View Full Version : Upper Strut Bar Types?

GCheung55
06-13-2004, 06:19 PM
I've read about different front upper strut bar designs where there are those which are:

one solid peice connecting together only the struts
one solid peice connecting the struts and firewall
three peice connecting the struts

What are the differences? Dr. Design has said that the one connecting to the firewall is the best. So far, I've only found Carbing as the only company to make those but they don't have it available for EP3s? Are there any other companies that make them so that they connect to the firewall? What about the three peice, where the brackets are movable, how do they perform? I'm thinking that a movable bracket would have a negative affect to the cars handling.

I also have questions about the rear upper strut bar. So far, Spoon is the only one that I've found that mounts along the floor line. Are there others? And are they also a one peice, or three peice using brackets?

I just wanted some help while I'm looking too. I know there are a lot of questions, and I appreciate my fellow ephatcher's help. Thx!

Civicvtec1ps
06-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Rear upper strut bar answers.

Spoon and Cusco rear upper strut bars are 3 pieces.
Carbing is one piece but cost alot more than cusco or Spoon.

I personally have Cusco rear upper strut bar and it's excellent.

It's actually made for DC5 but it fits perfectly on our cars as well.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzg3ODc1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

JohnR
06-13-2004, 09:04 PM
The bars that connect the firewall and both struts are the best if rigidy is a concern. Although anything is better than nothing and even the bars that connect only the two struts are effective. I am not sure if a lower front bar is needed as the car essentially has one already.

GCheung55
06-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Is the Cusco Rear Upper Strut bar along the floor line? Is the Mugen one also along the floor line? From far away, the Cusco bar looks similar to the Spoon one.

Civicvtec1ps do you have any close up pics of your Cusco bar? I still want to be able to use the lining for the trunk after I install the bar. Thanks!

Civicvtec1ps
06-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by GCheung55
Is the Mugen one also along the floor line?

Mugen doesn't have rear upper strut bar for our cars.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMjg4NTk3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMjg4NTk4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
With trunk carpet.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMjg4MTA5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

HARRY POTTER
06-14-2004, 09:34 AM

Dr. Design has said that the one connecting to the firewall is the best.

is that front tower bar even out yet?

dofu
06-14-2004, 09:48 AM
if your front strut bar doesnt connect to the firewall, get a fender brace... does almost the same...

GCheung55
06-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by HARRY POTTER
is that front tower bar even out yet?

Dr. Design hasn't made one, not to my knowledge, but he did discuss suspension peices and their uses at one point in time in the Suspension forum. He mentioned that the best upper strut bar/brace would attach the struts along with the firewall.

So the lining goes right over the bar. There's a gap between the floor line and the bar correct? Spoon.. or Cusco.. I should make a poll or something. Comments on the spoon?

HARRY POTTER
06-14-2004, 12:51 PM
i have the spoon rear strut tower bar, and its sit just a smidge over the floor lining... similar to Js racing or that alex bar. but i could have sworn i saw an ep with the DR Designs FRONT strut bar connecting the firewall somewhere, just dont know exactly where?

raiyo
06-14-2004, 02:07 PM
For the front strut, I'll go with the Neuspeed (one piece), and for the rear, I'd go with CARBing (one piece), but very costy. If not CARBing, then Mr. Alex/Cusco.

K20A3Si
06-14-2004, 05:01 PM
where is the best place to buy a front tower strut bar?...kind of a newbie question but im not a newbie..sorry:cool:

raiyo
06-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
where is the best place to buy a front tower strut bar?...kind of a newbie question but im not a newbie..sorry:cool:

depends which brand you're looking for.

GCheung55
06-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Where can I get the Carbing one? I only know of one place. We should get GB's for that!! I might get the lower tie bar from Carbing. It's fairly cheap, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's around 80 bucks for a rear low tie bar from Carbing.

yomamaInMySi
06-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Get the comptech ti. Or any other solid one piece design bar. Don't get 3 piece design cause they don't do the job.

HARRY POTTER
06-15-2004, 08:07 AM
Where can I get the Carbing one? I only know of one place. We should get GB's for that!! I might get the lower tie bar from Carbing. It's fairly cheap, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's around 80 bucks for a rear low tie bar from Carbing.

i think youre right about that price for the lower tie bar. i remember getting a quote similar thru passwordjdm.com.... give them a buzz.

raiyo
06-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
Get the comptech ti. Or any other solid one piece design bar. Don't get 3 piece design cause they don't do the job.

comptech rear tie isn't a direct bolt on it is? needs drilling for the EP3 if I am correct. Direct bolt on for the RSX since it replaces the stock tie.

raiyo
06-15-2004, 03:29 PM
hehe, thx to this post I found out CARBing makes a rear tie bar for our car. One peice.... oh yah.

GCheung55
06-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Oooh hell yeah, a fellow EPHatcher lookin for CARBing. ^_^ I really want a 3 point front upper strut bar, although the price as to be right. The rear, I think, not only mounts at the strut points, but also on the frame...? I forgot where I saw the picture, but it was cool. Although, I think I saw it on a DC5. We need a GB for this stuff. Or a huge sale!

raiyo
06-15-2004, 03:46 PM
The rear, I think, not only mounts at the strut points, but also on the frame...?

to answer your question, yes, it mounts at 6 different bolts.

Silvershadow
06-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Mugen may not make a rear strut bar,but the JDM CTR's have a rear OEM Strut Bar. :cool: I got 1.

1fastminivan
06-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Where did you get your rear OEM strut bar?? and how much??

Makross
06-30-2004, 06:04 AM
I also have a JDM CTR rear strut bar im thinking about selling it

1fastminivan
06-30-2004, 06:21 AM
How much would you sell the rear strut bar?? It is the strut bar correct?? not the sway bar right? PM me :)

ViViDPeArL
06-30-2004, 07:09 AM
passwordjdm doesn't have the rear bar...

Makross
06-30-2004, 07:51 AM
How much would you sell the rear strut bar?? It is the strut bar correct?? not the sway bar right? PM me :)

pm sent

raiyo
06-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Mugen may not make a rear strut bar,but the JDM CTR's have a rear OEM Strut Bar. :cool: I got 1.

u sure? last time i check they do.

Silvershadow
06-30-2004, 11:23 PM
quote from Civicvtec1ps:

Sorry my info was based his post or are you thinking of a lower strut bar?

Civicvtec1ps
06-30-2004, 11:25 PM
But they do have mid hatch bar..

raiyo
07-01-2004, 09:12 PM
But they do have mid hatch bar..

however, they still call it rear strut bars. :D