PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the ep

stb190
06-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Okay so im working every day of the week and making good money ...Now im not sure what I want to do with my si..First i was going to order the mugen suspension but then it occured to me that one more pay check and i could easily grab the jackson racing supercharger....So my dilema is should i get the mugen suspension now and get a header or should i just save a little more for the jrsc....What direction should i go in your opinions cuz i am currently undecided with no clue...Im getting kinda desperate for some more power and i dont just mean 5 wheel hp...Being with a group that has an evo 8, s2000, mustang gt and mazdaspeed protege have left me feeling a little sluggish..... your opinions would be appreciated.

siver-SI
06-13-2004, 07:07 PM
I would get the suspension and the header. It would not be much fun with the extra HP on the road and your EP can not handle your fun going around corners.

Tenacious G
06-13-2004, 07:08 PM
as much as i want the JRSC eventually, i'd do suspension mods first. but that's just me.

foilpan
06-13-2004, 07:35 PM
i agree. do the suspension mods first, grasshoppa. the ponies will come if you're patient...

amctmg
06-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
as much as i want the JRSC eventually, i'd do suspension mods first. but that's just me.

of coarse you would, your sts and don't wanna be stx.;)

bao_pay
06-13-2004, 08:38 PM
get the supercharger. suspension makes the car look good but no matter what you do to your car you're still gonna get lip from your friends since you drive the cheapest car... at least with the supercharger you won't lag behind in traffic.

Tnhatch03
06-13-2004, 09:00 PM
y don't u save up for both, then get it all at once? just a suggestion

amctmg
06-13-2004, 10:57 PM
chances are that you would still lag behind even with the SC. Having more power is nice but I'd have to go with the street legal go-kart idea myself and I have.

halos02Si
06-13-2004, 11:30 PM
i say go for the SC....the suspension is good.....but if i was anywhere near going boost, then i would definitely go down that route....but good luck with your choice and make sure you keep us all updated...especially with some good pics :D

-breandly

civicSIracer
06-13-2004, 11:45 PM
OMG this should be a no brainer..
grab yourself some decent coilovers or some good springs and go for the supercharger!!! but the header will come in handy when your boostin.. :)
mugen supspension isnt worth it imo.

stb190
06-14-2004, 02:00 PM
civic siracer,

I already have eibach pro kit springs and the car handles like shit(bounces all over and rides very rough)..so i need to definately do something with the suspension...current mods are aem v2, greddy evo2, eibach pro kit, 17" toyo proxes fz4...so with the jrsc i think the only one i would be laggin behind is probably the evo and maybe the gt not the s2000 (should be relative close) and mazdaspeed which isnt any faster than my car currently....what type of quarter mile times am i looking at with the jrsc?

WannaBeJRSC
06-14-2004, 02:09 PM
go for the suspension first, and header.... and also if i am wrong isnt the JRSC like 2500 or so... i think you can get more then suspension and header.. maybe soem other little goodies for your car...lighting, carbon fiber...... idk

jdmxsi02
06-14-2004, 04:17 PM
I think you should do what you want..if you want to keep up with your friends supercharge it..but like it was said before you could do better then just suspension and header..good luck with your decision