PDA

View Full Version : Whats the largest rollers an Ep3 will take without mods?

ep pilot
06-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Just curious, what

skooba
06-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Um, I'm pretty sure you're going to run into rubbing issues. A lot of show cars have 19"s but its strictly for sure, not for driving on the road.

Just curious, not bashing you or anything, but why do you want such a big wheel. Anything above 17" looks way too big on an EP. Its like all you see is wheel, and no car.

19"s on an EP is strictly for show. And you always give us stories about how you "raced this" or "tried racing that".... Wouldn't you be more interested in lightweight 15s or 16s?

ep pilot
06-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by skooba
Um, I'm pretty sure you're going to run into rubbing issues. A lot of show cars have 19"s but its strictly for sure, not for driving on the road.

Just curious, not bashing you or anything, but why do you want such a big wheel. Anything above 17" looks way too big on an EP. Its like all you see is wheel, and no car.

19"s on an EP is strictly for show. And you always give us stories about how you "raced this" or "tried racing that".... Wouldn't you be more interested in lightweight 15s or 16s?

Yeah the Tenzos that came on my car made the car really slow, when I got the 15"s on it felt like I added a turbo seriously. I think those Tenzos weighed in at about 28lbs a wheel, and the stock 6 spoke Honda accessory wheel is 15.7lbs. I've seen 18"s that weigh around 17.5 lbs so thats what I'm shooting for. As far as looks, seriously the 15"s on my lowered car look like roller-skate wheels. Your eye simply catches way too much 1/4 panel I guess. I always thought the car looked just right with the 18"s. And yeah on a few sites I've seen ads where there is an Ep and it's got 19"s, but I'm guessing thats just for show.

-Ryan