PDA

View Full Version : trading ep into acura integra type r???

speedking604
06-13-2004, 09:41 PM
do you guys think it's worth it if i trade my car into low milage acura integra type R 2000??? i'm looking on....maybe lower insuarnce?faster than rsx type S??? better handling???

SubliminalSi
06-13-2004, 09:48 PM
umm, hmmm, this is a tuff one

FUCK YES!

Civicvtec1ps
06-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Lower Insurance?
Heck NO.

If you can afford it, Sure.

freidaddy
06-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Go for it, it's not everyday you see a type-r around.

Tenacious G
06-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Lower Insurance?
Heck NO.

werd ... but also remember that integras are among the most stolen cars in the nation. just something to chew on.

speedking604
06-13-2004, 09:58 PM
i can afford it but i'm not sure how much higher the insurance will be. the car is 26000 canadian dollar. it's yellow and it's really clean and no accident. they just paint it like two months ago. it's been lowered.i have not yet see the engine bay but i might give them a call tommorow. i still need to get more info on you guys.

how fast it is anyway??? stock??? how fast with i/h/m/??? theres a body kit on it but only skirt and lip all around. it's really nice.

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
06-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Why did they paint it??? Is that a coustom color???

mdoyle
06-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Yeah, find out why they painted it first. If there is a good reason for it, and you can afford it, do it. Type R's are awesome cars, very rare, modify excellent. If I could find a decent un-modified one around here, I would have bought it over my EP.

speedking604
06-13-2004, 10:07 PM
yes i think the owner of the car painted it. custom paint. the car has no scratch or any dent.... i think the owner been putting lots of money on it. i just need to check the engine bay and i will test drive it. do you guys think it's worth it ??? i mean how much for a type r now??? 2000 type r with 30000 km.???it's really new.

the JigGa mAn
06-13-2004, 10:46 PM
they prolly repainted it PY..

i would jump on it...i have always wanted an DC2R

speedking604
06-13-2004, 11:05 PM
yes i think they repainted it...it's just that it looks more shiny and the paint seems like thicker than other cars.

civicSIracer
06-13-2004, 11:48 PM
damn.. this is tuff but i would have to say that i would if i could afford it.. the ep is a one of a kind car tho.. ITR and the rest of the tegs are all the same.. i dunno think about it..

Mwing
06-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Lower Insurance?
Heck NO.

Compared to a newer Civic, insurance premium is lower here in BC, Canada.

Speedking, is it a private sale?? Or you found it in a dealership??
Also, ICBC treats ITR as a regular integra, so I am pretty sure the insurance is lower, I think maybe 400 lower per year.

2QK4U ALLWAYS
06-14-2004, 04:59 AM
NOBODY Repaints a car and then sells it in like two months, that's like buying a car and selling it the next day there is a reason for it that it was repainted. Might be theft recovery? Also find if it was a Quebec car or is it in Quebec if it was or is it's most likely stolen or recovered. You dont paint a car and then sell it within a month or so I would be suspicious. Consider also if it is a polish guy or indian person selling it I would be very aware. Just my two cents. Good Luck.

todaCspec
06-14-2004, 05:16 AM
If car is clean and the price is right, I would jump on it. Nothing beats sound of VTEC in a B-series screaming in your ear.

imlou
06-14-2004, 06:12 AM
well this is a deliemna (can't spell) my friend is also experiencing. But in his case its a EK not an EP (kinda off topic). The EK looks exactly like a CTR with all JDM parts just not in champwhite and it also goes faster than a typeR with i/h/e. The typeR is also very clean with mostly JDM parts on (ie. spoon) and has never been in accident and stored during winters. In this case which would you choose to go with?

krazichinaman
06-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Well hmm the type R does get stolen alot.....thats what people want. But if the price is good..and its CLEAN title and all go for it.I think the insurance will be more though since it is a type R. But with our mini-vans..not alot of people pay attention to it. With the ITR people are going to be looking...up to you

speedking604
06-14-2004, 02:31 PM
i saw the car from the dealer where i bought my two cars. i will try to ask my friend who work there about this type r. i will let you guys know what happen next.

speedking604
06-14-2004, 03:01 PM
ok.. i gave them a call and they said that the car has 1 accident. the claim from icbc is 800 canadian dollar. second, the car has been stolen once and recovered it with damage (vandalism) and they claim 5000 canadian dollar. now, do i still go for it??? the car is 26850 but maybe i can get 2000 canadian dollar off. do you guys i'll buy it or anything i wanna know about this car first??? i need you help guys.

by the way,,, if i buy the car then i'll be paying 20 canadian dollars more .....than the ep.

graham
06-14-2004, 04:29 PM
To be honest ... I wouldn't touch a theft recovery that has been repainted. THey never can reproduce the quality of original OEM. The price really isn't that fantastic considering I've seen 1999s around here (Ontario) for $18K - $22K. A guy at work was selling a 1997 with 100K on it for $17K ... I was kicking myself afterwards for passing it up.

If you do decide to go for it, get it checked out by a mechanic you trust, and take it for a good test-drive ... as in ... drive the snot out of it ... those cars love the abuse.

Good luck!

NitehawkEP3
06-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 2QK4U ALLWAYS
Consider also if it is a polish guy or indian person selling it I would be very aware. Just my two cents. Good Luck.

why the fuck is that??? im fuckin indian...not all of us are crooked theives..

btw..this is the JigGa mAn

NitehawkEP3
06-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by speedking604
ok.. i gave them a call and they said that the car has 1 accident. the claim from icbc is 800 canadian dollar. second, the car has been stolen once and recovered it with damage (vandalism) and they claim 5000 canadian dollar. now, do i still go for it??? the car is 26850 but maybe i can get 2000 canadian dollar off. do you guys i'll buy it or anything i wanna know about this car first??? i need you help guys.

by the way,,, if i buy the car then i'll be paying 20 canadian dollars more .....than the ep.

price is way too high...if you WANT an ITR shop around..youll find one for cheaper with less miles

once again the JigGa mAn here..

klubhedsi
06-14-2004, 06:55 PM
NOBODY Repaints a car and then sells it in like two months, that's like buying a car and selling it the next day there is a reason for it that it was repainted. Might be theft recovery? Also find if it was a Quebec car or is it in Quebec if it was or is it's most likely stolen or recovered. You dont paint a car and then sell it within a month or so I would be suspicious. Consider also if it is a polish guy or indian person selling it I would be very aware. Just my two cents. Good Luck.
What da fcuk is that suppose to mean? Im polish!

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
06-14-2004, 07:23 PM
...Consider also if it is a polish guy or indian person... .

Fuckin RACIST, I'm Polish and I hope a visit Toronto this year:mad:

2pointslowEP3
06-14-2004, 07:48 PM
do it! there's nothing better than owning one of the most stolen Hondas out there!

in all seriousness, i would do it!

weltall
06-14-2004, 07:53 PM
the newer itr's did come in yellow my buddy had one (it got stolen)
and watch what you say there are alot of polish people in chitown

SIxtasy
06-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Damn, it seems everybody from Chicago is Polski:p :p :p Seriously dood, I would check out the engine code first. B18C5 I believe. I remember some guy here bought a 2000 ITR for like 25K. Damn thing had a b16 from a salvaged 99 SI. HAHHAHAHA. What an idiot. Only way i would buy a used ITR is from ACura, Certified at that. Extra money is worth the peace of mind.

And to this idiot

Som people ball that hard. They can respray whole car and sell it later that week. Obviously you don't. Prolli a lot of Polish and Indians that do it more so than you ever will.
Keep that racist shit in your house with your whitetrash family. IDIOT IDIOT

Kiss it http://www.stolemyinter.net/uploads/alizeedancing2.gif

ranivus
06-14-2004, 11:19 PM
umm.. with my bolt ons i can keep up w/ a type-r till they hit 4th gear. American type-r's arent as fast as you think. And faster than a Type-s? Hell no.

the JigGa mAn
06-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by ranivus
umm.. with my bolt ons i can keep up w/ a type-r till they hit 4th gear. American type-r's arent as fast as you think. And faster than a Type-s? Hell no.

stock type R? ..and properly driven they can be faster than a S..also alot more fun to drive than a S in my eyes..

Originally posted by weltall
the newer itr's did come in yellow my buddy had one (it got stolen)
and watch what you say there are alot of polish people in chitown

yep..in 00 and 01 they had the PY but in canada they also kept getting CW!!! no NHBP or FBP for canada..

Originally posted by SIxtasy
Damn, it seems everybody from Chicago is Polski:p :p :p Seriously dood, I would check out the engine code first. B18C5 I believe. I remember some guy here bought a 2000 ITR for like 25K. Damn thing had a b16 from a salvaged 99 SI. HAHHAHAHA. What an idiot. Only way i would buy a used ITR is from ACura, Certified at that. Extra money is worth the peace of mind.

And to this idiot

Som people ball that hard. They can respray whole car and sell it later that week. Obviously you don't. Prolli a lot of Polish and Indians that do it more so than you ever will.
Keep that racist shit in your house with your whitetrash family. IDIOT IDIOT

Kiss it http://www.stolemyinter.net/uploads/alizeedancing2.gif

it doesnt have to be a B18C5..it could be a B18C(jdm motor)...since you said its got alot of JDM stuff on it..maybe a JDM swap was done? b.c of the theft recovery?

i think buying a used ITR from an acura dealership would be a bad idea b.c they know how bad you want it and they will jack up the price..the best ITRs to buy would be from older people...in chi. there is a middle aged lady who drives a BONE STOCK 97R.

speedking604
06-15-2004, 12:16 AM
i actually decide not to go for it. i'd rather get jrsc for my car. i realize this when i was driving this afternoon moving my stuff to other place (i'm moving place) and it impressed me how much stuff i can put inside my car. i love my car and thank you guys for all the feed back.

goy091
06-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
stock type R? ..and properly driven they can be faster than a S..also alot more fun to drive than a S in my eyes..

yep..in 00 and 01 they had the PY but in canada they also kept getting CW!!! no NHBP or FBP for canada..

it doesnt have to be a B18C5..it could be a B18C(jdm motor)...since you said its got alot of JDM stuff on it..maybe a JDM swap was done? b.c of the theft recovery?

i think buying a used ITR from an acura dealership would be a bad idea b.c they know how bad you want it and they will jack up the price..the best ITRs to buy would be from older people...in chi. there is a middle aged lady who drives a BONE STOCK 97R.

the JDM B18C could also be a, SiR-G which is like a GSR. in terms of straight line speed ITR > Type S > GSR. seen plenty of low 15 mid 14's from ITR's. Type S's are around mid 15- low 15 couple ppl in high 14's but thats not normal.

i think you did the right thing and not buy the ITR. salvage and recovery cars are not something you want to buy. plus you would probably have it stolen again. go check out H-T.com ITR forum, that would be enough to tell you not to buy the car.

graham
06-15-2004, 04:47 AM
While I agree that you did the right thing and took a pass on this ITR, keep your eyes out for other ITRs that are in better condition.

While it's true that the ITR is a huuuuge theft target, if you have a safe place to park, and don't leave it unattended downtown often, then there is no reason to avoid one of these beautiful machines. The ITR is a track car right from the factory. Brakes are sharp, shifter is tight, stock LSD ... I would definately trade my EP in for one if I didn't need a winter car (I would never drive the ITR in the snow - a waste).

Cheers

NemesisITR
06-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by freidaddy
Go for it, it's not everyday you see a type-r around.

You dont get out much do you? There all over here.

I had one, I'd keep the EP. Cheaper Insurance, 1 out of 2 are stolen on the Type R, my ep is ligher and faster than my R now.

graham
06-16-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
my ep is ligher and faster than my R now.

Cool - what did you do to get under 2577 lbs?

Dollar for dollar though, one could trade their EP in for a 98-99 R in decent condition. At the most a couple $K.

You definately can't make the EP go, stop & turn like an R for less than $5K.

Anyways - If you want a track car, the R would definately be the place to start. You can still have fun with the EP with a couple suspension mods.

TrippZ
06-16-2004, 11:06 AM
im half polish...

raiyo
06-16-2004, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't do it. Integras are way to common, but DC2R is rare. Which means, all those non-typer integra will want yours. Steal and strip and good bye.

vivid blue Si
06-16-2004, 10:27 PM
as an owner of both cars right now I would say the type r is a better
car all around. I raced an ep3 with intake and exhaust from a dead start and beat him by about 2 cars and my r is stock. now I daily drive the ep and its a great car but its totally a different car.
like everyone has said you must have a garage with the R and if you
can get another daily driver then its a good choice. otherwise stick with the no theft target ep. the biggest thing about a type r is that
stock it handles so well that I would need a porsche or better if mine evey gets stolen to get the same or better handling. I think you did the right thing by not getting it as a repaint and theft recovery at any milage is not good. my 2 cents

NemesisITR
06-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by graham
Cool - what did you do to get under 2577 lbs?

You definately can't make the EP go, stop & turn like an R for less than $5K.

Anyways - If you want a track car, the R would definately be the place to start. You can still have fun with the EP with a couple suspension mods.

Read my sig.....150lb weight reduction.......Lets see, if you go with the 2700lbs weight of our car then I weigh 2550lbs or if you go with GrassRoots Motorsports weigh in of the Ep (2615lbs) then my car weighs 2465lbs. Either weigh im lighter than my R.

When I complete my car it will have cost me around 6K to 7K, and thats with the motor swap (which only cost me $462:D ).

$15k for the car plus another 7K = 22K, about 4K less than what I payed for my R. Cant beat that:D

graham
06-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
Read my sig.....150lb weight reduction.......Lets see, if you go with the 2700lbs weight of our car then I weigh 2550lbs or if you go with GrassRoots Motorsports weigh in of the Ep (2615lbs) then my car weighs 2465lbs. Either weigh im lighter than my R.

When I complete my car it will have cost me around 6K to 7K, and thats with the motor swap (which only cost me $462:D ).

$15k for the car plus another 7K = 22K, about 4K less than what I payed for my R. Cant beat that:D

ok .... well I guess I was going by the Honda stated weight of 2782 lbs. I had no idea that the EP actually weighed 2615 lbs. 150 lbs seems like a lot to take out of the EP ... care to share what you took out?

oh ... and who do I have to blow to get an A2 swap for $462? :)