PDA

View Full Version : AEM V2 & tower strut bar

VietSi
06-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Hey Guys....is there enough clearance for an AEM V2 with a tower strut bar? I was looking at some pics of an engine with an AEM V2 and it doesnt seem like there is enough clearance. I want to know before I buy one. thanks

gr8buddha
06-14-2004, 08:33 AM
ive seen it in person with a v2 and neuspeed and theres plenty of clearance

STP03BlueSI has it on his car... check his member pages for pics

IIx 03 EP xII
06-14-2004, 04:46 PM
it depends on what strut tower bar. i HAD the spoon strut tower bar on my car w/ my V2... and i had to take the spacer off which lowered it enough to wear it didnt hit the bar. i had the spacer on for a few weeks before i thought about it, and it had rubbed some of the finish off the intake, but no damage.

Scatman
06-28-2004, 04:34 PM
i just installed the neuspeed front upper bar and there is NOT enough clearence (i have the V2)....the bar is pressing against the intake(not sure how hard) but it still looks good imo

glw
06-28-2004, 06:15 PM
i just installed the neuspeed front upper bar and there is NOT enough clearence (i have the V2)....the bar is pressing against the intake(not sure how hard) but it still looks good imo
then you did something wrong. mine has plenty of room... go back to the instructions.

Scatman
06-28-2004, 08:06 PM
...with the aem v2 there is not enough room, if you have this intake and want the neuspeed front upper strut bar, you have to disconnect the intake where they give you that thick aluminum spacer and switch the spacer so it is on top, not under the metal arm that comes off the intake, this pushes the intake down another inch and there will be no clearence probs. i fixed mine about 30 min ago and its perfect now.

VietSi
06-28-2004, 08:14 PM
hey scatman...where in MA are you?

FattyMcJ
06-28-2004, 09:27 PM
...with the aem v2 there is not enough room, if you have this intake and want the neuspeed front upper strut bar, you have to disconnect the intake where they give you that thick aluminum spacer and switch the spacer so it is on top, not under the metal arm that comes off the intake, this pushes the intake down another inch and there will be no clearence probs. i fixed mine about 30 min ago and its perfect now.

That works too...but...

I just helped my friend install his Neuspeed Strut tower bar, and it just SLIGHTLY hits the V2....so some padding IS necessary...but it's not a HUGE problem...just an annoyance more than anything. ;)

Scatman
06-29-2004, 07:41 PM
im from Spfld MA.......yea, that bar grounded down a little part of my intake, so if do use some kind of padding, tie-strap it down, but depending on what type of material you use, u can still hear noise. i used rubber hose before i lowered my intake down and i could still hear the hose pretty loud rubbing....and that was from inside the car.