PDA

View Full Version : Search Option

Turbo20VJeta
06-14-2004, 09:47 AM
The advanced search has a lot of options but no search by state. Why not? Can this be done? I think it would be a nice addition.

Tenacious G
06-14-2004, 10:37 AM
you mean search for members by state? since the "location" portion of the profile isn't standardized, it'd be tough to make a search option for that specific info.

Turbo20VJeta
06-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
you mean search for members by state? since the "location" portion of the profile isn't standardized, it'd be tough to make a search option for that specific info.

Hmm, I see.... good point. But you could at least find those who put in say Delaware or DE.

Tenacious G
06-14-2004, 11:47 AM
i think that'd be up to the vBulletin software. i'm not sure if it supports that sort of search. to be honest, you're the only person i know of that actively posts from Delaware.

aside from what is posted, any other search for location would be pretty labor intensive collect the information and to have members physically fill out a zip code or something ... then you'd have to worry about the authenticty of their answer (for instance, how would you really know Member X is from 90210 of if they just put that down for shits and giggles.)

Turbo20VJeta
06-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Don't forget EP3 Racer :D

Yeah, I agree. Oh well, stupid question I guess.