PDA

View Full Version : Another One Bites The Dust... Hard!

IIx 03 EP xII
06-14-2004, 12:52 PM
i am currently visiting some old friends in snellville, ga... which is about half an hour out of atlanta. i was going to a wedding reception which was in atlanta, and on my return i had a horrible experience. i was waiting at a stoplight to turn green, and as soon as it did, i did what most people would do... i started to accelerate. i did not bark my tires or anything, cuz i was in no hurry. and all of a sudden, a green car is in front of me, and all i remember is airbags exploding, me spinning and thinking 'ohhh my car!!! 300 miles from home and my car is done'. so i get out, not thinking of any pain cuz of what just happened... and i noticed a car about 75 feet diagonal from me, with the whole driver side smashed in... my car facing the wrong direction to where i was headed... and another car that was somehow involved in the accident. to make a long story short... i walked away with a sore chest from the seatbelt/airbags, a bruised knee, and a burn from the airbag exploding on my wrist. nothing was too serious, but my car is totalled. i am waiting on the results from insurance... and it doesnt look too good. we hope to come out even from all this. oh yeah... the guy had ran a redlight about 10 seconds too late, didnt slow down one bit... and he was delivering a pizza. i wish i had my EP back. i didnt have my digital camera w/ me, so i couldnt take pictures of it. im lucky to be alive and w/ no serious injuries. if i had been going a few mph's faster, i would have been t-boned, and i doubt i would be here typing right now if that were the case. it was perfect timing pretty much, even though it put me 300 miles away from home with no car anymore. sorry for the novel.

brian1g
06-14-2004, 12:56 PM
all that matters is that you didn't get hurt, sorry to hear about you ride though :( .

Tenacious G
06-14-2004, 01:03 PM
holy crap, the *exact* same thing happened to me way back in 1994 in my brand new EH. a drunk driver ran a stop sign and plowed into me ... a couple feet more and i may not have had use of my legs. the sheriff's deputy estimated the guy was traveling at about 55 mph in a 45. his passengers tried to run into the woods to hide the case of beer they had been drinking from. i also was lucky and was able to walk away, but my EH was totalled.

glad to hear you're OK.

STP03BlueSI
06-14-2004, 01:28 PM
OUCH! Glad to read that you are ok..Looks like you might be owning a Pizza company.

Hope all works out.

downhil
06-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
his passengers tried to run into the woods to hide the case of beer they had been drinking from.

ahhhhh.....texas.

mhx
06-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by downhil
ahhhhh.....texas.

roflol yah us texans are crazy
---

sorry about your car. glad your ok'
i hope you like pizza ;) call a lawyer... i would highly advise you call one.. get the cash man they will settle.. thats why most business have insurance :)

you could get a nice car after the settlement.

IIx 03 EP xII
06-14-2004, 03:29 PM
well... ill see how it all works out. hopefully ill come out on top. so far insurance is saying i will get reimbursed for all of my mods... which adds up to several thousand dollars. it was crazy to see my bumper reinforcement bar smashed up all over the road, but then my c/f front lip in one piece. im thinkin about maybe a used wrx or something along those lines.

beechstreet
06-14-2004, 03:38 PM
wow, glad to hear ur alrite. I've been in the same situation as you. Very depressing to lose a car to some other idiot's careless driving...

1flySi2002
06-14-2004, 04:37 PM
i'm sorry bout your car, that sucks. I ALWAYS give a quick look both ways before i go though, just in case.

IIx 03 EP xII
06-14-2004, 04:39 PM
well i was reading a road sign that said 'right lane must turn right'... which meant that once i crossed the intersection i either had to change lanes or go to publix... soo i wasnt paying attention to the crossing traffic, which never was a problem before this happened. should i try to sue the pizza company? was it there fault the driver ran a red light?... maybe if the driver was on something (drugs, alcohol, etc.)

freidaddy
06-14-2004, 04:46 PM
glad your ok. sorry for your loss.

foilpan
06-14-2004, 05:22 PM
it's probably worth a try to get something from the pizza company. i don't usually advocate suing people, but it might work. it might depend on what their policy is for drivers. regardless, he was on company time and driving irresponsibly. the guy will lose his job for sure (probably not much of a loss for either him or his employer).

good luck, man. it could've been much worse.

SinisterCivicSi
06-14-2004, 06:07 PM
DAYUM! :eek:

wow man i am glad to hear your ok! dont worry about the car, that can be fixed/replaced....you cant.

glad your here with us tellin us about it. You gotta watch these idiots in the intersections. i have had a close call before....with a big rig. if i hadnt looked first, i would be dead. No matter how much of a hurry your in, try to remember to still look both directions on a green light for any assholes that arent lookin for you.

you got an angel on your shoulder ;)

RMC22
06-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Yes, the owner of the pizza company has liability because his agent caused the accident due to his negligence and it was within the scope of the job. You can sue the principal or the agent. Pizza delivery boys don't have money, choose wisely ;) Go to the doctor and get some x-rays and stuff. Very possible for slight fractures and you rub it off as "sore." Point is, the more negative effects you experience, the more cash you count at the end of the day.

siver-SI
06-14-2004, 06:21 PM
That sucks. I hate to say it but you are going to be sore in the morning. When I got rear ended and T boned in my race car I was fine when I got out of car and that night but when I woke up the next morning I felt it bad. It seems as though are EP does great in a crash. To bad a few members have found this out the hard way. :(

IIx 03 EP xII
06-14-2004, 06:29 PM
the ep definitely does VERY well in accidents... and im sad to find out the hard way. ill have to see what the insurance people say first. i want to sue just so i get my car's equivalent back. i loved my car. i dont want to have to start all over again with no money. thanks for all the advice guys and girls.

beechstreet
06-15-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by RMC22
Pizza delivery boys don't have money, choose wisely ;)

hey, yeah we do!

03silverEP
06-15-2004, 07:38 AM
sue that fucker, accidents do happen but idiots run red lights while on the job....

Btrthnezr3
06-15-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm glad to hear you are ok.
Good Luck with everything...our thoughts are with you.
And yeah, I'd contact a lawyer ASAP...get what you deserve.

fsugatorbait
06-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Damn man, sucks that it happened, but dont give up on the EP. If insurance is gonna cover your mods, find a left over 02 or 03 and mod her back up. Keep your head up and stay on the insurance company's ass. I had a new EP in my driveway 3 weeks after I totaled mine because I was on top of them from the get go.

Si3
06-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Sorry to hear about the ride... good thing your ok... and trust me (my family owned a pizza biz for 10+ years) you can sue the owner personally if its not incorporated, if it is, you can take them to court for all the business is worth (two big pizza ovens alone are 30K!)

Hopefully everything with insurance will work out and youll come out ahead. Best of luck to you.

oogy-boogy
06-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Wow....

bad news: Car is gone.
good news: You're alive and healthy.

Hope all goes well and you absolutely lucked out. Best of luck...

:)

Lucid Moments
06-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Man that stinks big time. Where in Snellville were you? Cause I go through there a fair amount. Also what pizza company, I want to be on the lookout for their cars:eek:

trk
06-15-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm glad your ok. Scary.

IIx 03 EP xII
06-15-2004, 02:59 PM
well... the guys insurance just contacted us and said that they are still not claiming liability. basically saying that the guy says he didnt run the redlight, which means he is a downright retard. we have an eye witness saying that he ran the red light 15 seconds after it had turned red. im planning on an 02-03 wrx. if the insurance company doesnt give me a fair settlement, then we will sue them for everything.

Tenacious G
06-15-2004, 03:16 PM
hmm ... isn't your neck and back beginning to get sore??? ;)

j/k ... frivolous lawsuits suck.

K20A3Si
06-15-2004, 03:56 PM
sorry to hear this preston..glad your ok.....i am seeing rsx-s....if you get more $ than you thought TSX...stay with the honda family;)

justifiedSi
06-15-2004, 06:01 PM
sorry to hear that.. you car was really beautiful =(

siver-SI
06-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Any estamate yet?

IIx 03 EP xII
06-15-2004, 09:40 PM
i wont find out about a settlement til friday. and if that settlement isnt fair... then i will sue them for everything i can. thanks for all the comments guys. im definitely gonna be upgrading... sooo a TSX might be in the future. (especially if i sue)!

mhx
06-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
i wont find out about a settlement til friday. and if that settlement isnt fair... then i will sue them for everything i can. thanks for all the comments guys. im definitely gonna be upgrading... sooo a TSX might be in the future. (especially if i sue)!

the tsx is too big of a car for the small engine the put in it. just my 2c, look at gettin an accord v6

IIx 03 EP xII
06-16-2004, 10:24 AM
i like the looks of the tsx alot better than the 4 door accord. plus, my mom has a 4 door accord so i dont want the same car as my mom. i can probably get a tsx for around 24-25... also i gotta check out the financing. thanks again for all the responses guys.

mhx
06-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
i like the looks of the tsx alot better than the 4 door accord. plus, my mom has a 4 door accord so i dont want the same car as my mom. i can probably get a tsx for around 24-25... also i gotta check out the financing. thanks again for all the responses guys.

they make 2dr accords :)

IIx 03 EP xII
06-16-2004, 02:19 PM
yeah i know they make 2 door accords, but i still prefer a tsx over a 2 door accord. a 2 door accord is pretty pricey too compared to a tsx. i mean a 2 door V6 accord is pretty pricey.

Type X
06-16-2004, 07:26 PM
that sucks

did you eat the pizza?

IIx 03 EP xII
06-16-2004, 10:25 PM
haha... no i didnt... but me and the other guy involved in the accident were thinking about it. haha. the cop even said it was still warm! the police report hasnt come in yet, even though it was supposed to have arrived on monday! so we dont know what pizza company it is yet. still waitin for friday to figure out if i get my new car this week or if i have to wait to sue and all that jazz. we will be calling up a lawyer if friday doesnt compensate for the loss of my fine ride. thanks.