PDA

View Full Version : CRAP i KEEP scraping my friggin exhaust piping.

ranivus
06-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeah so my car is dropped 2 inches w/ my sprint springs. And my Tanabe stainless steel cat-back exhaust piping is 2.5 inches. i cant take any incline in excess of 15 degress or i end up scraping either the muffler or the exhaust piping. i've probably scraped the acutal muffler piece at least 3 times since i've got it.

What i was wondering is if i can Repair the scrapes on my muffler or exhaust? Is it possible? The scrapes arent that big, no bigger than a dime and they're just scrapes not dents (thank god).

civicSIracer
06-14-2004, 11:12 PM
a few scrapes arnt going to hurt anything and arnt in need of repair.. if its going to wear a hole in you piping your going to want to check it out.. a few scrapes is normal w/ exhaust and springs

ranivus
06-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Yeah i know i was just wondering if it can be done. im a perfectionist. i just spent 200 bux fixing a dent in my rim and curb damage cause i was stupid enough to let my gf take it ::DOH:: and whenever some homo in the mall or a grocery store think it'd be cool to slam into my door and dent it i go get it fixed for about 50 bux a pop.

i've probably spent about $600 in just scratches and dents :(

...wow thats pretty pitiful :(

civicSIracer
06-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ranivus
Yeah i know i was just wondering if it can be done. im a perfectionist. i just spent 200 bux fixing a dent in my rim and curb damage cause i was stupid enough to let my gf take it ::DOH:: and whenever some homo in the mall or a grocery store think it'd be cool to slam into my door and dent it i go get it fixed for about 50 bux a pop.

i've probably spent about $600 in just scratches and dents :(

...wow thats pretty pitiful :(
damn.. thats hondata right there.. dont worry about the piping.. no one can see that
;)

goy091
06-15-2004, 12:11 AM
i dunno about fixing it, but you could spray the piping with some paint so it wouldnt rust up.

03silverEP
06-15-2004, 10:01 AM
take any speed bump or driveway slow as hell, and approach diagonally

fishboy
06-15-2004, 10:37 AM
how about you just get over it. that's what happens when you lower a car and stick bigger piping underneath. especially with the ep. if it really bothers you that much just paint the midpipe black now or later when you sell it. but there is no point repairing anything now because you will just scrape again later.

STP03BlueSI
06-15-2004, 10:44 AM
My greddy Evo 1 scrapes all the time..I just have to go over things slow.:( But thats what i pay for being dropped and having a low hanging midpipe

Peking
06-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
My greddy Evo 1 scrapes all the time..I just have to go over things slow.:( But thats what i pay for being dropped and having a low hanging midpipe

Yep same here lol, and moved :)