PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results 10-26-02!

02blksi
10-26-2002, 03:10 PM
Welp. Just got back from the dyno, nice time overall, here are my results:
Air temp was 54 deg.F
CAR was fully warmed!
93 octane. (I always put this in)
DYNOJET dyno.

MY si w/ homemade SRI. 140.3 whp and 124.6 ftlbs --Best out of 3 runs (last run was best, and i was the first to drive the car on the dyno, no time to cool engine down from my 1 hr drive) NOT bad! -- MY intake WORKSSSSS!!! woohoo!!

Base RSX NO mods TOTALLY stock - 132.3 whp 125.3 ftlbs trq.

Base RSX with INJEN SRI, and DC sports Header (no exhaust)
141.2 whp 128.4 ftlbs trq.

RSX-S with Injen SRI and Hayami catback exhaust 183.5 whp and 137.6 ft lbs trq. !!

RSX-S with AEM intake CAI, and stock exhaust. 177 whp 134.3 ftlbs trq.

RSX-S with AEM CAI, Greddy exhaust, NX kit (not hooked up)
185.3 whp and 139.8 ft lbs trq.

All in all i had a great time, i have tons of videos and pics of the various cars that were their, Im very happy with what i put down, considering i made my own intake. -- What does everyone think of my numbers with my one mod (if you can call it that) ?? I think my Si is putting down some decent numbers 140.3 whp is like 165 @ the crank i believe. --PICS/VIDS will be avail. soon! --Im tired, long ass rainy day here. --

BTW: those RSX-S are one MEAN machine, the noise the car emits in vtec is ridiculous! cant wait to post some vids! --

Also there were about 7 contour SVT's there dynoing as well they all could only muster 177.3 whp and 153.8 ftlbs (best car) out of a 2.5 lt V6!!! the look on their face when the RSX-s put down 180+ whp was priceless!!! HAHAHA go HONDA!!

EDIT:
DONT know what the hell happend to my last thread. here are the results posted again. --

2k2SiGuy
10-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Do you have any sound clips of your N1? I just bought one today, along with the dc ceramic header.....I just cant find anywhere to do the pipework and install the header today.....I am anxious!!!!!

02blksi
10-26-2002, 03:20 PM
i do, its on disk right now, ill try to get it on later tonight, or tomorrow. --joe

2k2SiGuy
10-26-2002, 03:25 PM
Thanks.....I'll be looking out for it...If you want....email it to me...

golden.glow@verizon.net

Gibhunter
10-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Too bad I didn't see your intake. Got there too late:( Yeah, that sound from Type-S in v-tec was awesome. Totally impressive. 183HP out of an intake and exhaust:o Man, I can't wait to do this again when I actually have an intake and maybe exhaust on. We'll also have to see what type of gains Hondata makes.

Ps. My best run was 132.3HP and 125.8TQ (not 130 as you originally stated) and I think I would've done better if I actually had a fresh air filter. I have 25,000 miles and still an original air filter. It's got to be dirty:p

Pps. Next time I'll do this without the wife. She was bored and couldn't wait to get the hell out of there.

02blksi
10-27-2002, 08:44 AM
GI - nice meeting you.

Had fun yesterday, I left as soon as the BBQ started, just toooooo long to hang around a garage all day, me and the wifey were tired.

Cant wait for maybe a Track event @ lebanon valley possibly.

Joe, who was the lone EP their, but had fun . :)

2k2SiGuy
10-27-2002, 08:53 AM
Joe were you able to find the sound clips???

DynaSpeed
10-27-2002, 10:35 AM
Joe - You say that your mods consist of the SRI... but then you go on to state about your exhaust. So, as to clear things up can you state exactly what mods you had for the dyno runs?

02blksi
10-27-2002, 06:12 PM
I dont really have any "true" mods. I removed my stock air box and put on a kn filter on the stock oem tubing.

I have a rear section P.O.S N1 muffler, just for sound. (no gains over stock muffler)

MY ENGINE is STOCK
MY HEADER IS STOCK (EXHAUST)
MY RESONATOR IS STOCK (EXHAUST)
MY B PIPE IS STOCK (EXHAUST)
MY CAT IS STOCK (EXHAUST)
MY INTAKE TUBING IS STOCK
MY RIMS ARE STOCK
MY TIRES ARE STOCK
MY WINSHIELD FLUID RESEVOIR IS STOCK!

:) :p

I basically dynoed an SI with a kn open element filter and no airbox. thanks -- I was happy with my results. --joe

Gibhunter
10-28-2002, 07:46 AM
Here's my dyno. Car is totally stock save for the wider tires. Still original air filter, so I might see some gains with an intake. Numbers are corrected. Uncorrected it dynoed at 134HP.

http://members.cox.net/gibhunter/Dyno-stock.jpg

MTO RSX
11-09-2002, 11:44 AM
link to dyno day pics. (http://www.fototime.com/inv/0249CEEB82DD833)

02blksi
11-10-2002, 02:20 PM
Thanks. MTO -:) --joe.

MTO RSX
11-10-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
Thanks. MTO -:) --joe. not a problem joe..
are you set to go on the dyno this coming Saturday.
i'm still waiting for my Header to come in along with my TCS..
plus my Intake Gasket and AEM Pullies or on there way as well..
just not sure when they will get here..:confused:

02blksi
11-10-2002, 04:14 PM
"not a problem joe..
just not sure when they will get here.."

YES i am! i really want to go ! Hopefully i can get ahold of the guys @ the dyno shop, i called friday morning at like 1030 am and no answer. will i be the only one going this sat? anyone else at least showing up? you ? or kelvin? gibhunter? bigcity? any othe those ma guys willing to come down? maybe the ones that didnt make it last time? let me know. --joe :)

MTO RSX
11-10-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
"not a problem joe..
just not sure when they will get here.."

YES i am! i really want to go ! Hopefully i can get ahold of the guys @ the dyno shop, i called friday morning at like 1030 am and no answer. will i be the only one going this sat? anyone else at least showing up? you ? or kelvin? gibhunter? bigcity? any othe those ma guys willing to come down? maybe the ones that didnt make it last time? let me know. --joe :) i'll head down only if i can get some of my stuff..
i'll keep you posted on whats up..
plus you will have to get ahold of Dean because Saturdays he has car clubs there so it might be tough to get a spot on the Dyno..
let me know if he can get you in on Saturday and like i said i'll head down if i can get some thing on the car before then..
the car hasn't been started in 11 days because of the header problem and i need a inspection sticker..it ran out last month,

Gibhunter
11-11-2002, 05:53 AM
I won't come down till the spring when I have both my header and midpipe or whole catback exhaust installed. I'd rather spend the $65 towards either of those mods.

MTO RSX
11-11-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Gibhunter
I won't come down till the spring when I have both my header and midpipe or whole catback exhaust installed. I'd rather spend the $65 towards either of those mods. there you go Boss.. Mod away.

2sloSi
11-12-2002, 05:20 PM
Hey 02blk, whats up dude! Long time no see or hear! Drop me an email or pm or somethin! Nice dyno #'s BTW!