PDA

View Full Version : How to install Motor mounts

SiRider
06-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Does anyone know how to install motor mounts on a SI or have any instructions?

civic si hb
06-15-2004, 07:41 AM
dropping the sub frame is a best practice that i learned from some people here and having a lift would really help. i did mine with a friend on jack stands and lets just say it took awhile.

civic hatch boi
06-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by civic si hb
dropping the sub frame is a best practice that i learned from some people here and having a lift would really help. i did mine with a friend on jack stands and lets just say it took awhile.

no do not drop your subframe.

02civicSI
06-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
no do not drop your subframe.

ditto and click here for a write up (http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP3_ES_MOUNTS)

oogy-boogy
06-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Ok, here goes:

Done this ~ 7 times on different rides. Done it both ways (rocking vs subframe drop).

Subframe is easiest. Just mark off the exact location of the subframe and bolts so as to not change your alignment.

andy
06-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Ok, here goes:

Done this ~ 7 times on different rides. Done it both ways (rocking vs subframe drop).

Subframe is easiest. Just mark off the exact location of the subframe and bolts so as to not change your alignment.

I've had my subframe off 3 seperate times (two motor mount installs and one x-brace install) and have yet to have a problem with alignment. I really don't see how you could even misalign it, unless you have the wheels turned or something.
Listen to oog, he knows his shizzle.

oogy-boogy
06-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by andy
I've had my subframe off 3 seperate times (two motor mount installs and one x-brace install) and have yet to have a problem with alignment. I really don't see how you could even misalign it, unless you have the wheels turned or something.
Listen to oog, he knows his shizzle.

One of the Andover boys had an alignment issue afterwards and that was the only reason it was mentioned. Also, the service manual states to mark it off.

Thanks for the props mang :D

civic si hb
06-15-2004, 01:34 PM
hey Mel check your PM box:)

oogy-boogy
06-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by civic si hb
hey Mel check your PM box:)

Right back at ya Rob :).

SiRider
06-15-2004, 02:21 PM
We have the front mount unbolted, but i cannot remove the mount, its runnin into the trans...Dropping the subframe isnt an option....if someone could IM me at RaCiNg HaRt R32 its my brother, i need some help!!!:(

TIA

oogy-boogy
06-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by SiRider
We have the front mount unbolted, but i cannot remove the mount, its runnin into the trans...Dropping the subframe isnt an option....if someone could IM me at RaCiNg HaRt R32 its my brother, i need some help!!!:(

TIA

I'm on aol now if you need help....hit me up (IM below).

mdgiebel
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I just put drop engineering mounts in mine but i did it with the motor out as i was putting it in the car

ep3hatchvcp
12-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Just use a jack to lift up the motor and install mounts like that i did all mine while the motor was in the car