PDA

View Full Version : New chassis bracing components coming soon......

Dr. Design
06-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Hello All,
We just wanted to make sure you all know about our new chassis braces coming soon. Almost all of you have heard or have our double x-brace for your EP3's. The go-kart like handling can get BETTER! We will be releasing our new ICB-C in the next few weeks. The ICB-C stands for Interior Chassis Brace - Competition version. (Trying to figure out where the ICB-C goes?) The ICB-C is mounted on the rear lower bulkhead underneath the rear passenger seats to the front seats. We have came up with a unobtrusive interior brace that will greatly increase the mid body rigidity. This coulpled with out awesome double XCB-C will certianly make your car handle like a go-kart.

Why does the ICB-C work? The answer is simple. If you notice the EP3 and DC5 floor board is completely flat. There is no center section going down the middle of the car. The lack of a raised center section means that the vehicle has no "spine". That missing center section would act as a point of rigidity and increase torsional stiffness. But for some reason the engineers thought it would be a good idea to get rid of that? Maybe they did that for additional leg room for the rear passengers? But it certainly did hurt the handling of the vehicle. So we have basically come up with a supplemental center section.

Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

FCobra94
06-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a great adddition to my double x-brace, so I can't wait to see it :D

Other than that, do you guys have an idea of when your going to be releasing the front upper strut brace for the EP?

Thanks!

oogy-boogy
06-15-2004, 09:40 AM
Well, I can't recommend your X-Brace enough...:)

What color will it be available in? Looking forward to pics and prices. :)

Dr. Design
06-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Hello,
No word on the FSTB-C yet. Our focus right now is on the ICB-C and possibly bringing in a RCB-C for the EP3. We are also looking at producing control arms.

As far as colors of the ICB-C, we are looking at producing this item in 304 stainless steel. So it will only be availible in polish finish. If there is a demand we will look into a brushed finish as well.

Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by FCobra94
Sounds like it's going to be a great adddition to my double x-brace, so I can't wait to see it :D

Other than that, do you guys have an idea of when your going to be releasing the front upper strut brace for the EP?

Thanks!

imlou
06-15-2004, 10:46 AM
does that mean no more rear seats?? but then where are the rest of my girlfriends gonna sit? jus joking abt the gfs but still wondering abt the seats. :D

fsugatorbait
06-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Great news guys, cant wait. :)

BSEVEER
06-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Hey James, I'm sure everyone is interested in the new ICB but might have some trouble visualizing where it mounts, pics would be a great help. Thanks,

Bud

oogy-boogy
06-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
Hey James, I'm sure everyone is interested in the new ICB but might have some trouble visualizing where it mounts, pics would be a great help. Thanks,

Bud

^^^ What he said.

trk
06-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Yeah pics or a drawing maybe ....

STP03BlueSI
06-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Pics please:D

GCheung55
06-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Oooh, another great product. I was just hoping to have a whole slew of D3Design bars. I guess I'll have to figure something else out. Speaking of which, are there any considerations of Upper Front and Rear strut braces? I mean, I've seen so many, but the only one's I know that you've mentioned (mounting on firewall for the front) is Carbing. I really want to get it, but would rather have one from you guys. And the rear too.. Only Spoon and Cusco are my choises since they sit close to the floor line in the rear.

Dr. Design
06-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Hello,
You will still have plenty of room for all your girlfriends. Just think of it this way. They now have something to hold onto now! All joking aside you will not have to worry about removing any seats as the ICB-C's are mounted underneath the front seats and go towards to a mounting point right underneath the rear lower seat. (Again we will provide a diagram).

No images as of now. We will get something up for you guys to see shortly.

BSEVEER - Would you like to let them all know what we have instore for them with the ICB-C?

Thank you,

Originally posted by imlou
does that mean no more rear seats?? but then where are the rest of my girlfriends gonna sit? jus joking abt the gfs but still wondering abt the seats. :D

GCheung55
06-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Oh, if the ICB-C is mounted in the center underneath the rear seats.. I'm picturing it as a straight bar. Now, how would that be stable considering that it MIGHT be a straight bar. Now, if I'm guessing it's to be a triangular bar.. that would be interesting. We need pics! And criticism to design, to make it better. Muwahaha go D3D!

Dr. Design
06-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Hello,
You have the right idea. We are always going to look for an opportunity to triangulate if we can. In this case we were able to do so. This is not a straight bar that goes across the floorboard like those that are out on the market. The ICB-C are a pair of components that work at a diagonal from the inside rear mounting point of the front seats to large bulk head hiding underneath the carpet under the rear lower seat. This will all be clearly seen when we release images of the ICB-C's. Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by GCheung55
Oh, if the ICB-C is mounted in the center underneath the rear seats.. I'm picturing it as a straight bar. Now, how would that be stable considering that it MIGHT be a straight bar. Now, if I'm guessing it's to be a triangular bar.. that would be interesting. We need pics! And criticism to design, to make it better. Muwahaha go D3D!

Suk02Si
06-15-2004, 02:46 PM
I saw an earlier version of this brace at the 2nd SoCal ephatch meet at Shine Street.

Its basically V shaped; One mounting point behind/under the driver seat, one under/behind the passenger seat and one mount on the vertical part of the back where butt cushion rests

Dr. Design
06-15-2004, 02:56 PM
You got it! The bar you saw was the initial prototype. The diameter of that component was punny in comparison to the new ICB-C. The new ICB-C design is able to yield a 1" dia. vs. the 3/4" you saw in person. The added dia will increase the strength of the ICB-C.
Thank you,

Originally posted by Suk02Si
I saw an earlier version of this brace at the 2nd SoCal ephatch meet at Shine Street.

Its basically V shaped; One mounting point behind/under the driver seat, one under/behind the passenger seat and one mount on the vertical part of the back where butt cushion rests

GCheung55
06-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Well, if that's the case, then people are going to step on the shiny bar! Hrm... If it's a round bar, it will probably be more stiff than a flat one. I'd like a stealthy bar. ^_^

Dr. Design
06-15-2004, 03:38 PM
The rear passengers will have to kinda manage to step around the ICB-C's. We are using a tubular material. As you know we always try to make components as unobtrusive as possible. Chances are, your rear passengers will certainly not mind after you take them for a ride!:D

Well, if that's the case, then people are going to step on the shiny bar! Hrm... If it's a round bar, it will probably be more stiff than a flat one. I'd like a stealthy bar. ^_^

BSEVEER
06-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Design
Hello,
You will still have plenty of room for all your girlfriends. Just think of it this way. They now have something to hold onto now! All joking aside you will not have to worry about removing any seats as the ICB-C's are mounted underneath the front seats and go towards to a mounting point right underneath the rear lower seat. (Again we will provide a diagram).

No images as of now. We will get something up for you guys to see shortly.

BSEVEER - Would you like to let them all know what we have instore for them with the ICB-C?

Thank you,

There is no need to remove the rear seats. I had the prototype Double X-brace and ICB on my car for about a day. The ICB compliments the Double X-brace by bringing some more rigidity to the middle/rear of the chassis. You can still sit in the back seat comfortably, you just have to move your feet over a few inches, no big deal.

GCheung55
06-15-2004, 03:40 PM
What's the height of the bar from the floor of the car? I'm thinking.. people might not even notice it if I make a custom light weight box to put over the bar. But of course it would have to be a very strong and durable material that can withstand the weight of people getting in and out of the car. Hrm, stealthy..

K20A3Si
06-15-2004, 04:01 PM
i cant wait
:cool:

Dunrick
06-15-2004, 05:38 PM
:cool:

Dr. Design
06-16-2004, 08:06 AM
The height it about 8" off the floor of the vehicle. You can have it powedercoated black so it will blend in with the carpet? It will be well worth the weight.
Thank you,

What's the height of the bar from the floor of the car? I'm thinking.. people might not even notice it if I make a custom light weight box to put over the bar. But of course it would have to be a very strong and durable material that can withstand the weight of people getting in and out of the car. Hrm, stealthy..

oogy-boogy
06-16-2004, 08:28 AM
There is no need to remove the rear seats. I had the prototype Double X-brace and ICB on my car for about a day. The ICB compliments the Double X-brace by bringing some more rigidity to the middle/rear of the chassis. You can still sit in the back seat comfortably, you just have to move your feet over a few inches, no big deal.

Do you have any pics of the prototype?

GCheung55
06-16-2004, 09:25 AM
8" is pretty high up there.. Won't be too stealthy. Now I understand... I thought it was going to be mounted closer to the floor line. Quite an obstacle. But I wanna see pics too!

fsugatorbait
06-16-2004, 09:32 AM
function > looks.

BSEVEER
06-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Here is a rough idea of where this brace mounts.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDM3MDk5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

oogy-boogy
06-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Here is a rough idea of where this brace mounts.

Thanks....much better than my mental picture :)

GCheung55
06-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Ah, I had it backwards as a mental picture.

Dr. Design
06-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Hello All,
Not really EP3 related but we thought it would be cool to see other D3 products in action at the race track. We can make other cars perform like go-karts also! :D

CSK-C in action @ Willow Springs (http://www.dthreedesigns.com/videos/D3_GTS_Willow_Springs_Small.wmv)

Thank you,