PDA

View Full Version : Gas door release latch loose, NEED HELP!!

ApexinSi
06-15-2004, 04:40 PM
just like it says... it takes a few tugs on the gas lever thing to get the door to pop open... i have a feeling i won't be able to gas the ep up soon cause its so loose. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to adjust it? I looked in my Helms manual and all it says is how to replace the cable/latches/fuel door.

ep3_civic_si
06-15-2004, 05:07 PM
that's easy, i had that problem when i first bought my car all u do is look in your gas tank cover when u open it..look to your right, you will see a nipple thing that sticks out to your right all u do is put some grease all over it and on your gas tank door grease up where the nipple thing will attach too once closed..grease up that as well and try it..give it a couple time so the grease settles and you should be good to go hopefully i helped thnaks

nmysiismyn
06-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Same here... right when I got it I had to have a friend pull the lever as I took my ATM card to ease it open.

All I did was take a look inside the gas area and figured obviously the nipple isn't pulling back enough to let the gas lid open. So you could lube it up like he did or like I did... it's only metal so I gave a little tug on the arm that the nipple latches to in order to bend it in a little inwards. SO LITTLE PRESSURE can't hurt anything.

Worked perfect... never had a problem since. (how could I)

I'm sure by the time you read this you would've already fixed the problem :D

SiRRider
06-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I had that problem and yes you wont be able to get the fuel door open with the release soon. It is caused by pulling up on the lever to hard. When I first got my car I would pull on it hard and I broke it. I took it to the dealer and got it fixed. Its hard to explain how its broken but you can get in your fuel door by bending the tab like was stated.