PDA

View Full Version : 10 minutes of glory

epSleepy
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Yea so me and my friend installed my progress rear sway bar and brace today. Beautiful quality, great asthetics, no complaints here (bought it off of hondawerx, great service). So we took it for a ride and I started putting it through it's paces. We then switched drivers and disaster struck. Just as I thought it would, the endlink snapped. I ordered a new one from Honda for 50 bucks (my friend paid for it) and it should be here by thursday. My question is, is their any other suspension mod that could perhaps reduce the strain on the endlinks (upper strut bar or tie rod maybe), or will I be forced to buy aftermarket endlinks after this one goes again =\?

madbrain
06-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Just buy the Hotchkis endlinks you wont regret it.

TezGari
06-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by madbrain
Just buy the Hotchkis endlinks you wont regret it.

They make em for our car? Where can i buy em?

Also is it the same one for the rsx (im sure).?

BlasTech
06-15-2004, 07:36 PM
You can get Hotchkis endlinks for the RSX. They fit the Si.

The ones I ordered have a solid spherical bearing, which will make a little noise, but should hold up forever. If its loud (like I could hear something over the Azenis and midpipe) then I'll try covering it in a thick layer of black silicone from home-depot... that stuff is just amazing.

springs will lessen the pressure on the endlinks somewhat too.

TezGari
06-16-2004, 06:40 AM
what are the cost?

Last forever....foreverrrr....forever (sandlot)...

Thats pretty good, all i can say is i went from a 15mm to a 19mm (rsx s) rear sway bar, now i should go striaght to the Mugen 25mm!!!!!!!!! HAHAH!

Onramps will be like straight roads to me now!!

j/k...

BlasTech
06-16-2004, 07:06 AM
I somehow got a special deal on it (decals displayed at many many events on my car), but the "Autocross Bar/Endlinks for RSX" can be had for around $360, I think. I called Hotchkis directly.

todaCspec
06-17-2004, 11:59 AM
You put on a performance part and a factory part breaks? That sucks,I wonder why Progress does not include performance endlinks to with the kit. If you had a feeling it would snap, why did you make your friend pay for it?

graham
06-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Any reason not to get stock RSX-S endlinks? THey are thicker than ours ... and are built to handle at least a 19mm bar.

Something else that you might want to do is get stiffer springs/shocks to reduce the strain on those endlinks.

EnJaNir
06-17-2004, 02:55 PM
I have been running progress front and rear for over a year now and have not had any problems with my endlinks.

Link to Hotchkis site
http://www.hotchkistuning.com/cgi-bin/EDCstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=25405

$149

I talked to Progress about the stock endlinks, because of new header my sway just touches, they said they had no problems what so ever with the stock links, however the hotchkis units would be a good addition and would give, in my case, enough clearance for my header

BarracksSi
06-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by graham
Any reason not to get stock RSX-S endlinks? THey are thicker than ours ... and are built to handle at least a 19mm bar.

Good idea about the RSX-S endlinks. I hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense.