PDA

View Full Version : Winter's coming, stock wheels back on...

SBC31
10-27-2002, 12:43 PM
Since winter is coming here, I changed my 17" wheels and put on the stock wheels/tires for the winter. It's amazing what wheels can do to a car. I wonder how well the stock tires will be in the winter, I'm sure they will be fine.

Anyone else change their wheels for winter, anyone parking the car for the winter?

SarahVTEC
10-27-2002, 12:49 PM
Way ahead of you. I've got my stockers back on too! No need putting my good rims through the hells of winter.

i02si
10-27-2002, 12:58 PM
i'm also thinking about putting my stock wheels back on.:'(

natesi
10-27-2002, 01:15 PM
Aside from the steering response and traction, what other things do you notice from the 17"?

How much more road noise is there from the 17"? How much harsher is the ride? Any other input?

If/when I get rims, I think I'd want to go with 16", for noise and better ride, but 17" look much better.

Thanks,

-nate

SmoothOperator
10-27-2002, 01:25 PM
I sold my stock wheels, and I'm storing my car. I HOPE I can drive it through November. But if not, the "beater" will come out sooner. I'm really not looking forward to it.

Acidburn
10-27-2002, 01:43 PM
What's the reason for changing back to stock tires when its winter? Would you have to do this every time a new season comes through?

Cone Killer
10-27-2002, 02:07 PM
I always have my stockies on.

SmoothOperator
10-27-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Acidburn
What's the reason for changing back to stock tires when its winter? Would you have to do this every time a new season comes through?
Well everyone has performance rubbers on their rims for starters. Those are USELESS in winter conditions. Not only that, road salt, ice, and other factors will damage your rims over time.
You guys have no idea how lucky you are having warm winters.

2k2civicSi
10-27-2002, 02:27 PM
my stocks will go on in about 2 weeks

HeelToePro
10-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SarahVTEC
Way ahead of you. I've got my stockers back on too! No need putting my good rims through the hells of winter.

Does it snow in Sac town?

rswbrixton
10-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Steel wheels and my trusty hakkipelittas are goin on next weekend .A couple weeks early but weather forecast has called for snow by weeks end.

SarahVTEC
10-27-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by HeelToePro

Does it snow in Sac town?

Nah, it doesn't snow down here. However, we get enough rain and wind to put a lot of soot and dirt on your rims. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not going out in the rain once a week to wash my rims. Furthermore, my rims are difficult enough to keep clean since they are white.

SubliminalSi
10-27-2002, 05:53 PM
Thats why i got all season/perfomence tires:D

http://www.dubfusion.com/misc/subliminalsi_sig.jpg

DrPimpSiR
10-27-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
Thats why i got all season/perfomence tires:D

They should work well for all the snow you get in Texas!!!
We're talkin' about the Great White North here... Hoser.
It snowed here Yesterday.
:cool: