PDA

View Full Version : Vibration in gas pedal

diggible
06-16-2004, 04:11 AM
I'm new to the forum and have a question if someone has any suggestions. My 03 had always run silky smooth until one morning last week. When driving to work a very noticable vibration was now in the gas pedal and wheel (the previous day was really hot). I figured I should check under the hood. The oil was fine. It has only 4000km and I would think this is not normal. When I would rev the engine up a bit at idle it wasn't very noticable (seems like only under load). Could it be damaged engine/tranny mounts? Tranny itself? The change was so sudden and so soon. I've owned a new Accord and RXS but newer had this before. I appreciate the help.

mango-ep3
06-16-2004, 04:23 AM
Well now, this is just my 2 cents... And you could even say my ONE cent. That's how not sure I am.

Possibly motor mounts? Because I know the guys with the Motor Mounts that aren't stock complain of vibration through pedals. I mean, that shit wobbling would probably be from the mounts?

diggible
06-16-2004, 04:31 AM
It's more of a low constant vibration. My foot gets numb after 15 mins. I sucks since I drive 1/2 hr. to work everyday.

Finger
06-16-2004, 05:24 AM
Is your AC on?? My gas pedal vibrate on idle when it's on.

diggible
06-16-2004, 05:28 AM
I thought of that earlier. Tried cycling the A/C on and off a bunch of times. Didn't help. It never seems to change. Turning the A/C on was not even noticable.