PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Dealer...

barcode
07-08-2002, 03:36 PM
so (as some of you may have seen in my other post), i got a quote from the dealer for $1500 off of MSRP...the situation was this:
i offered a real low-ball figure, he said that it was below invoice and so i asked what a "reasonable" offer would be...he said $1000-$1500 so i asked for his calculator and punched up some numbers at $1500 off...he went and got the financing details at that discount and so i thought that was his offer! i get there today to put my deposit on it and he's like, "soooo, you're paying full MSRP right?" and i said nope, we talked about a $1500 reduction...so he says that was just a "possibility" and he has to talk to his manager so he takes a wad of money from me ($1000 cash to show i mean business) and comes back with what sounds like a reasonable comprimise...then i did some backward calculation only to find that his offer has dropped to $600 off MSRP!! the other dealer in my area said he's do $850 off and THAT wasn't attractive...so then the sales manager comes over and gives me the whole speal about how they have to make money, etc etc etc...so now i'm sitting here wondering what other car i should consider! :( i wanted that car!

i did say if they wanted to sell a car to call me...but i doubt they will! i'm thinking of a base RSX or mabye build an h22 Del Sol...or i could get a Mitsu GSX and have a wicked fast car who's crank likes to walk :) what do you think? what should i do??

DynaSpeed
07-08-2002, 04:03 PM
for the $600 off MSRP, did you calculate in TTL and other acquisition fees and stuff like that?

When I purchased mine, I got a figure from my dealer and like you, did some calculation of the cost... The way I figured was at 10% APR! I obviously let my dealer know the way I felt about his asking price, and she proceeded to fill me in with the TTL costs and other fees associated, which I didn't count in.

IceD out N CALI
07-08-2002, 04:17 PM
try another dealer--someone wants your business

barcode
07-09-2002, 04:09 AM
only two Honda dealers in my area...next one is over 2 hours away! :(

on a positive note a nice '93 del sol just went up for sale in my area with only 10,000kms on it