PDA

View Full Version : Spring Noise?

Yoda~SI
06-16-2004, 11:22 AM
I Have A pro Kit, Recenently I noticed A little Jangle Noise Coming From The Rear Driver side OveR Bumps Or Uneven Pavement. It is A light kind of Chimey Sounds Like Keys, Or A little Tamborine, Nothing heavy Or Clunky.

I crawled under there Everything Seemed Tight, I have no other after market Stuff Under there.

Any Ideas?

VNlilMAN
06-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Obviously its metal hitting metal. I got it when i installed a camber kit, it wasnt installed correctly. Its possible yours got loose.
Its most likely just the springs though. Try seperating each coil from each other with some sort of rubber. coil wrap from radio shack works great

Mickey
06-20-2004, 08:24 PM
I got that noise when I first installed my springs but when I installed my rear camber kit the noise was gone.

BlackSi613nin
06-20-2004, 08:41 PM
i get that noise, kinda sounsd like something is loose, but nothing is!? ive had it for a good few thousand miles and nothing is wrong. im thinkin that it is normal with lowered cars on stock shocks? it does piss me off to no end, but i just turn the radio up

joHn

raiyo
06-20-2004, 10:20 PM
I had noise when I installed my tein springs, but it was from the front. sprayed some wd40 on it and the noise was gone. give it a try on the rear, might work, dunno.