PDA

View Full Version : need help choosing an intake

Bjorn Clarke
06-16-2004, 01:05 PM
what should I get, AEM V2, OR THE COMPTECH ICE COLD AIR BOX, would like to make a purchase soon

Tenacious G
06-16-2004, 01:09 PM
comptech ...

but a million different people will give you a million different answers. this question (what CAI should i get) has become the "which came first, the chicken or the egg" question of EPhatch.

i.e. there's not much difference between intakes ... get what suits your needs/price range.

sminker
06-16-2004, 01:44 PM
I went with the AEM CAI V1

Peking
06-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
comptech ...

but a million different people will give you a million different answers. this question (what CAI should i get) has become the "which came first, the chicken or the egg" question of EPhatch.

i.e. there's not much difference between intakes ... get what suits your needs/price range.

LOL, yeah that but I like the Injen Cold Air intake. So really go for what you think looks good, and what you are willing to pay.

oogy-boogy
06-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
comptech ...

Yeah, that pretty much summed it up.

Just keep surfing the classifieds until you come across a good deal. Otherwise, check out our vendor section ;).....

caligula
06-16-2004, 04:31 PM
just go for a regular cold air, is worth it

rs_1101
06-22-2004, 11:05 PM
im going to say comptech icebox.. for multiple reasons.

1. smog passing. its a closed element filter and attracts little attention from testers it looks stock, while getting your important cold air.

2. performance. comptech retained a design close to the stock one, which will provide good throttle response and decent power gains.

you shouldnt really be looking for maximum power gains from an intake. youll find more power in synergetic mods than intake alone. id say go with the icebox.
unless you like shiny aem intakes.

FattyMcJ
06-24-2004, 02:06 AM
unless you like shiny aem intakes.

Who doesn't ?!?!?!? :winkm:

DarkSiRacer
06-24-2004, 05:20 PM
If you don't mind paying for an expensive CAI that'll perform just the same as the cheaper CAI's... Comptech... I settled with the red bling of Injen :)