06-16-2004, 01:18 PM
American Honda's new slogan should be:

"Watering down great cars for over 30 years"

skooba
06-16-2004, 01:18 PM
lol

00-ITR-373
06-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Buy an ITR or S2K or NSX, take it to the track, then come back here and post that.

03silverEP
06-16-2004, 03:48 PM
you missed the point

do we get the new CTR or ITR.....no
do we get the NSX-R..............no
did we get the Accord w/H22a.....no
did we get the EK CTR............no
did we get the EG SIR-II w/B16a..no
did we get the CRX w/B16a........no
did we get the delSol w/transtop.no
etc,etc,etc......

00-ITR-373
06-16-2004, 03:59 PM
I agree, I'd like all the choices they have. They also have very high taxes on their cars, yearly inspections where most of the time, mods must be removed from the cars, a lot of people have no garage to work on cars in, etc, etc. I'm just happy we can buy the parts and add them to our cars if we wish. Could be worse. We can swap engines into our cars, and add cams, etc. I know it's a little work, but it's possible. We got the last ITR and that was within 30 years. Add some recaros and a few mods to the ITR and it's almost JDM spec. The brakes weren't that bad even though they weren't Brembos. Getting the nice stiff chasis was the best part.

03silverEP
06-17-2004, 09:20 AM
I just noticed that you have an ITR, best car honda has ever given us! A friend of mine just purchased a Focus SVT 5-dr Euro Package. Comes w/heated leather Recaro's, block warmer, projectors, HID's, 215/45/17's, lowered, big sways, big brakes, LSD, etc. It's disappointing that every manuf. is offering something for the performance scene except honda. The FP/HFP/& A-Spec packages are not up to par: doesn't come factory, mostly cosmetic, and have to pay for install. Ford has SVT Focus, Nissan SE-R Spec-V, Evo-8, Sti, Neon SRT-4, Mazdaspeed Protege, Scion TC, &more. And most of these vehicles you can buy additional perf. parts from the dealer that won't affect warrenty; again unlike honda. I do love my honda but it's sad that it takes $10k in aftermarket parts to equal the performance that others have out of the box, and at that point don't bother trying to get warrenty work. Honda has on their website and the official brouchure for the 04 Si, pics and some info about the Mugen Si and other tuners. Right below that is the disclaimer **warrenty will be void if you install non honda parts. Yet, they advertise the tuner cars, sell them to tuners, and then shit on them.

"watering down great cars for 30 years, and providing shitty cust. service"

mhx
06-17-2004, 10:35 AM
yah... i agree. watered down.. its sad.. o well..its my realible daily driver.. until i get a raise and get a real car

andy
06-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
"watering down great cars for 30 years, and providing shitty cust. service"

Here's an idea, sell your car. Seriously.
Or quit bitching, one of the two.

Honda (whether you like it or not) has never been a company interested in making the fastest car around. Do they make fast cars and have they before? Yes. But that's not their forte.

I have no idea why someone would buy a brand new Si and think "Damn, I hate this car b/c it is watered down and slow". Why the hell did you buy the car, then? Did you not read the 160hp sticker on the window? C'mon - quit being a whiner and go buy a used fast car and call it a day. There are other brands out there, ya know.

Si3
06-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by andy

Honda (whether you like it or not) has never been a company interested in making the fastest car around. Do they make fast cars and have they before? Yes. But that's not their forte.

I have no idea why someone would buy a brand new Si and think "Damn, I hate this car b/c it is watered down and slow". Why the hell did you buy the car, then? Did you not read the 160hp sticker on the window? C'mon - quit being a whiner and go buy a used fast car and call it a day. There are other brands out there, ya know.

Preach it! you bought it, learn to love it or sell it. that simple.

And Just about every import car company makes faster cars and releases them outside of the US... blame the US goverment, not the car makers!

Gasp23
06-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by andy

I agree! I bought mine because it's a nice overall car, I love my Si, and it's super reliable. I know that Honda makes great cars but it's the guy who buys the cars that make it their own, that's why I love Honda. I have a Civic like many but there isn't one the same as mine (mods and stuff)

SLOazzEPhatch
06-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Si3
Preach it! you bought it, learn to love it or sell it. that simple.

I think he said it best. IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR CAR THEN SELL IT AND DON'T POST HERE.

Why come bitch to people who love their EP(you wouldn't be on here if you didn't) about how much you hate it :mad:

and you can't think that you weren't going to get flamed on by saying that. I think you are just one of those people that like confrontations(sp?)

Type X
06-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
you missed the point

do we get the new CTR or ITR.....no
do we get the NSX-R..............no
did we get the Accord w/H22a.....no
did we get the EK CTR............no
did we get the EG SIR-II w/B16a..no
did we get the CRX w/B16a........no
did we get the delSol w/transtop.no
etc,etc,etc......

do we get Ctr's that would cost 26k for a hatchback .... no
do we get a NSX-R that most people didnt even buy the base...no
did we get the accord with the h22a..that most people use to get groceries in? ... no
did we get the ek ctr...where AGAIN people wouldnt spend over20k for a N/A civic hatch AND insanely high insurance cause thieving would be MORE rampant than it is with the coupe and cloth seated counterpart :)

and so on.........

in a nutshell
if the car WAS here most of the "civic guys" wouldn't get it

1. it would be too much $
2. insurance would be nuts
3. you wouldnt be driving it anywhere due to them getting robbed left and right

so everyone stop crying about the type r's

SilverBulletEp3
06-17-2004, 06:08 PM
did we get the ek ctr...where AGAIN people wouldnt spend over20k for a N/A civic hatch AND insanely high insurance cause thieving would be MORE rampant than it is with the coupe and cloth seated counterpart

You say they wouldn't pay over $20k for an Si, but this site is proof that people are willing to dump enough $$$ into an si to make it worth as much as a CTR.

Type X
06-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by SilverBulletEp3
You say they wouldn't pay over $20k for an Si, but this site is proof that people are willing to dump enough $$$ into an si to make it worth as much as a CTR.

over time.....
the fun of the honda civic import thing is buying a semi inexpensive car and making it yours

maybe in the end you put 1$ or 50,000$'s but 9 out of 10 people
dont have the 50k + 16k for car right off the bat

if they had every penny they were gonna spend on mods in the showroom
day 1

this site would be m3coupe.com

redronin22
06-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 00-ITR-373
Buy an ITR or S2K or NSX, take it to the track, then come back here and post that.

All of which have better JDM versions, so whats your point brotha?

Kis4KEN
06-18-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Type X

in a nutshell
if the car WAS here most of the "civic guys" wouldn't get it

1. it would be too much $
2. insurance would be nuts
3. you wouldnt be driving it anywhere due to them getting robbed left and right

so everyone stop crying about the type r's

thank you. everyone bitches about this. someone finally said something

the1986
06-20-2004, 09:46 AM
i agree with almost everybody posting here. I think the original poster just wanted to crack a joke, that honda has been watering their cars down for 30 years. Dont anybody get the wrong idea about me, i love my ep the same if not more than anybody else on this site, but it is a good fact that we get the watered down cars.
Now there was a good point that if we had type rs not too many people would buy them, which is true, not many people are willing to dish out alot of money "for a honda". fact of life, honda gives us great cars, we make them better.

-Teal

the giant ep3
06-20-2004, 10:37 AM
i would have leased a type-r in a heart beat, but at the same time we all know we would probably be inclined to still modify it and dump all our extra ching into it, so really being stuck with the k20a3 isn't bad especially if you are going fi just because of compression and gearing, it is a shame that the emission laws in the us keep some of the better cars that honda makes out of the states, but wouldn't that really piss all of the ep owners that couldn't afford one and had to constantly be envious of those ctr owners? we all drive honda for a few reasons and for most of us on this forum it is because they take so well to aftermarket parts and have great aftermarket support. yeah our cars are reliable, great handling(more for the 04 owners, hehe), fun to drive, unique, etc. man if that was any more the middle of the road :tongue:

ecsahs3
06-20-2004, 04:04 PM
relax guys. i think he was just making a statement, funny one at that, and feels that he has to be on the defense due to the replys. see, you guys scared him off and now he won't post anymore. it's okay man, come on out.