PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!

chris_air_force
06-16-2004, 03:20 PM
What's up fellow members.

I have a problem... My ep is sitting on some 18" konig rated R and yesterday I hit a damn pot hole. Well sure enough the rim is bent and although I cant really feel vibration when I drive I believe its leaking a little bit of air besides that tire always peels out. Does any one have any solutions? should I buy just that one rim? Im located in Nor cal. Please any help would do. Tnx

Civicvtec1ps
06-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Get new wheel then remount,balance tire.

03silverEP
06-16-2004, 03:45 PM
what he said....

oogy-boogy
06-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Look around locally. We have some places in the area tht specialize in rim straightening. On the other hand: If it's cracked you'll need to replace it.

Try the inexpensive solutions first ;)...

SSMep3
06-16-2004, 04:49 PM
mel, considering rim straightening will be close to what a new rim would cost anyway why not get a new one, its not like we're talking about volks :p but i guess with a wheel that big it is more expensive than what we have to pay having plus 0 and plus 1 sizes.....so u have a good point too.

oogy-boogy
06-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SSMep3
mel, considering rim straightening will be close to what a new rim would cost anyway why not get a new one, its not like we're talking about volks :p but i guess with a wheel that big it is more expensive than what we have to pay having plus 0 and plus 1 sizes.....so u have a good point too.

True...but I've seen people get them fixed for $30.00. :p ;)

schreff
06-16-2004, 05:26 PM
I would see how much it would cost to get fixed before you go buy a new one.

SSMep3
06-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
True...but I've seen people get them fixed for $30.00. :p ;)

oh really i thought they would charge way more than that, if thats the case getting it fixed is a good idea. Anyone know how getting a rim fixed affects its stability to bend even easier?

chris_air_force
06-17-2004, 10:12 PM
I've been looking around for a place and the nearest one is down by LA. I'm getting a quote tomorrow and if I like I will ship it to them. They seem like a really nice company, just for the record:

http://www.wheel-repairs.com/index.html If any one needs it.

Once again thanks for all of your replies.