PDA

View Full Version : new to EPHATCH.com...not to honda

Buckeye34
06-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi, i am a new member to ephatch.com, but have been an avid member of clubrsx.com for almost a year year now. For the past 3 years i have been working towards the ultimate goal, an Acura RSX Type S, but times are changing and now i am second guessing myself on the Type S because of high insurance rates on them and its use of premium gas. So with this in mind i went car shopping again and the Honda Civic SI is at the top of my list for now, but from what i heard they have stopped production of the EP. That brings me to my questions, i want a brand new one so should i act now and get one, or was that just a rumor about the production being stopped. Also to all the current owners, are there any regrest you have about getting the EP, and what are insurance rates compaired to other cars in the class? Thanks so much, and sorry if this post dosent make much sense but i just got back from Ohio and its late...

ep3_civic_si
06-16-2004, 10:50 PM
welcome to the family:D and yeah i heard it's true that honda has stopped production of the ep so if i were u i would act now for a new one there should still be some left of 04's but 03 is gonna be rare to find a new one, but used might be ur best choice and no regret here just some disapointment that's about it

oogy-boogy
06-17-2004, 05:34 AM
Welcome to the family. You'll find the EP to be a very nice well rounded car for the $$. My original list of cars to buy were as follows:
VW GTI VR6
Acura RSX-S
Honda Civic SI

I ended up going with the SI due to it's scarcity and workmanship. I had seen way to many problems with the VW and didn't want to put myself in a financial hardship with the RSX. I looked at it as buying the EP and being able to mod vs buying the RSX and driving it stock :(.

You'll find the insurance rates to be a nice bargain compared to some other vehicles in its class. Try contacting your present agent to get some quotes.

Best of luck! :cool:

ATRIOT
06-17-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi welcome to the site, and yes EPhatch production has stopped.

Tenacious G
06-17-2004, 07:12 AM
actually, there will be an 05 model ... probably just leftover 04s. the cars haven't been selling well, so finding one won't be too much of a problem.

also, if you get your EP soon, come check out our EP meet in Austin next weekend. click the link in my sig. :)

fsugatorbait
06-17-2004, 07:14 AM
In stock form to be honest the car sucks. Throw a few well thoughtout mods on her and she can be very streetable car that will surprise a lot of people.

Oshkosh
06-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
In stock form to be honest the car sucks. Throw a few well thoughtout mods on her and she can be very streetable car that will surprise a lot of people.

agreed the car looks all funny when its not dropped, welcome to the site

Buckeye34
06-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
actually, there will be an 05 model ... probably just leftover 04s. the cars haven't been selling well, so finding one won't be too much of a problem.

also, if you get your EP soon, come check out our EP meet in Austin next weekend. click the link in my sig. :)

Hey guys thanks for all of the quick replies, i have noticed a much different mood and all around feeling here at ephacth.com compaired to alot of the other message boards, you guys are cool with new people and are always willing to help:D and im pretty sure that i am going to try and get a Vivid Blue Pearl Honda civic SI, you guys have convinced me, but there are only two left in the Houston area so i gotta act fast... and to Tencacious G, i would love to go to the Austin meet, I know lake Travis very well, but im going to Cancun that weekend with some of my buds. Thanks for the invite and i hope yall have a fun safe time. And again thanks!

Buckeye34
06-17-2004, 01:07 PM
hey tenacious G i saw on the houston sticky that you live in the Woodlands...weird cause i do too,well at least for now... PM me i have a couple of more questions for you about the meet and the EP

SilverBulletEp3
06-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Buckeye -

I don't think that
production on the Si is stopping, but they have definitely dramatically decreased importing them for the U.S. market. It is likely that they are going to stop selling it here, as they near the upcoming introduction of the Coupe Si. I have spoken to guys in Honda R & D Americas, and word is that there will be a coupe Si produced once again out of Ohio. I could see Honda doing 1 year of no si before bringing that into showrooms... 2006 model year?
mid 2005? who knows.