PDA

View Full Version : Tinting car windows?

slave0ne
06-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Do all Tint shops use Film for tinting?
Is film the best way to tint car windows? Are there any better methods of tinting? Thanks!
-j

dtexan
06-26-2004, 02:05 AM
The only way I know to tint is to use film I guess you could paint them with transclucent paint but that just sounds ghetto I would use fil works great and blocks the UV Rays from destroying your interior

Satin 2k2 Si
06-27-2004, 09:01 AM
For tint, its film or custom made glass. I suggest film. Custom glass is way too expensive to be made and placed on your car. Film is cheap and removable, cost you less than $100. Also you might find that a lot of states have tint laws. Here in NJ no film on your front driver and passenger windows. In VA cannnot be any darker than 35%. In FL the sky the limit, you can have limo tint all around. The reason for the law is that cops would pull people over not being able to see inside the car, especially at night. Some of them got shoot and killed. Not saying you shouldn't go that route, alot of people have tint, just watch how dark you decide to go and expect a little harrasement from the cops.

skooba
06-27-2004, 10:09 AM
In FL the sky the limit, you can have limo tint all around.

That's actually not true, there is a limit, and I have heard of people getting ticketed for 5% tint, but it just rarely happens down there.

VBP2004EP3
06-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Actually I live in FL and Im gettin my tint put on tommorow... I am geting limo in the back and i think 5 up front... there is a limit and it is ver light.. i would rather not have tint... but no1 i know has every gotten a ticket for tint...

Ep3 No.2
06-29-2004, 01:41 AM
jus surious but since this thread has to do with tinting...

whats your opinions on jus tiniting the 2 rear passenger side windows ?

Satin 2k2 Si
06-30-2004, 03:46 AM
jus surious but since this thread has to do with tinting...

whats your opinions on jus tiniting the 2 rear passenger side windows ?
Just the rear two passenger is not a good look. In my opinion tint all around is the best look. If going to tint the rear, do the rear passengers and the back window. Alot of people roll around like that to avoid the bullshit and it does not look that bad. It may offset the look of car depending on how dark you go and you will notice it in the daytime. I say go all around. You should find a percentage that makes the inside visible from outside in the day and dark at night. Cops just want to see what going on inside the car before the walk up to passenger side. Truth be told the EP interior is already black, you probobly only got to go about 35% or lighter.

Ep3 No.2
06-30-2004, 02:43 PM
well my resoning for that is i had 5% all around in my 1st ep3. now that im on my 2nd one i have things to consider. 1 i couldnt see jack poo poo out of my rear window at night. it does help protect the interior from fading. and keeps it a bit cooler also down the line i plan to gutt out everything behind the front seats.

Satin 2k2 Si
06-30-2004, 05:12 PM
5% is way too dark. This is what I did with my last car. I had the tint shop tell how dark my moon roof was and match that all around. 20% bronze all around. Not to dark in the day, complemented my tan leather seats, and dark enough at night that no one could see in but I could see out. You see out pretty clearly too. Im going to do the same with my EP after I get my windshield replaced. Yo you wouldn't believe how much in cost to replace a windshield. Check with your local tint shops, I think that they got different quality of tint out there. And Im not talking about that same color to match your car bulls#it, Im talking different quality of smoke tint.