PDA

View Full Version : Noisy AC compressor

seandwd
06-17-2004, 04:59 PM
So, I live in Sacramento where it is already starting to be close to 100 degrees every day. The other day I turned on my AC and heard the most god awful sound. I turned off my AC and all I could hear was the smooth purrr of the motor. AC back on, god awful sound...hmmm. So, I opened the hood and it sounded like my AC compressor clutch was chattering. I took it into the dealer later that day, which was yesterday. I also told them about all the screwy transmission problems(again) - turns out it is my compressor and it is being replaced under warranty. No surprise here, but they weren't able to duplicate the transmission problems. I told them I am going to bring my car in once a month until they can duplicate it. While this isn't too exciting, I just felt like sharing.

SubliminalSi
06-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Same thing with the AC happened to me 2 days ago. My car feels like it trying to kill itself with the AC on

aRz
06-17-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah i live in miami fl. hot everyday my ac comp. has been starting to make funny noises kinda sounds like a deep clicking noise...
is it the same for you guys?:(

seandwd
06-25-2004, 12:02 PM
I picked up my car from the dealership. The AC compressor, compressor clutch, and the serpentine belt were all replaced under warranty. Of course, they could not duplicate any problem I reported with the transmission.