PDA

View Full Version : How does the Si compare to its competitors?

snubnose
07-08-2002, 04:49 PM
By competitors I mean the

VW 1.8 GTI

Subaru WRX

Nissan Spev-V

Ford Focus SVT

I think the Si's handling and reliability is better than any VW. It is much more refined than the Ford and Nissan. The Si is more solid and has more quality than the Subaru.

ApexinSi
07-09-2002, 06:16 AM
Well I raced a VW GTI 1.8T, was a pretty even with me pulling slightly up until around 80-90mph then he pulled away slowly.
I had a spec-V try to pass me on the highway at around 70mph, I dropped a gear and he didn't have a chance to pass me.
Ford Focus SVT , I raced one from a dead stop up a hill and pulled on him little by little. As for a WRX, not sure how good a 2k2 si can hang with one.

SiCivic2k2
07-09-2002, 09:23 AM
No offense Apexin, but I don't think the 2k2 Si can beat the new VW's. They have a 180hp 1.8T and a 200hp VR6 now. These are very good cars, but for a price a little higher than the Si. To me the Spec V just didn't ride as smooth as the Si did. I didn't like the way it felt. I havn't read much about the SVT Focus, but from what I've read they are about the same price and peform about the same. I guess it's just up to you if you want a Ford or a Honda. As for the WRX, it is a way better performer by far. It's in a totally different league than the rest of the cars you listed IMO.