PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Windsheild

Bicho6
06-20-2004, 07:21 AM
So i'm out driving yesterday afternoon driving around and all of a sudden I hear a hard click on my windshiell. I look up and i see a one inch crack grow to about a foot and its still grown. The car in front of me kicked up the rock that hit my windshield. Needless to say this sucks and I definetly do not want my insurance on this. Anyone around from southeastern Mass recommend a place that can replace my windshield?
On another not I got some nice room and tires put on. The tires are Essenza's, a new company owned by Goodyear. So far so good though, I like the tires. I will try to get some pics up later.

civicSIracer
06-20-2004, 08:44 AM
why dont you want to go through insurance? why would you pay for it every month and then not use it..

Lynx
06-20-2004, 09:32 AM
A new winshield only $160. Most insurance deductibles are higher than that. Waste of time going threw insurance

Bicho6
06-20-2004, 09:52 AM
yah .. my deductible it too high, not work it

Ill_eagle94
06-20-2004, 12:07 PM
LOL so find a dump truck that belongs to your town and follow it for long enough to write down the # plate lol. Then tell your insurance company it canme from that truck. Your insurance company will make the town pay for it :-D hahahaha.

Just a guess.

raiyo
06-20-2004, 05:08 PM
If I was u, go repair the crack ASAP. Get the air sucked out of the crack and have it sealed. It's gonna grow bigger and bigger. Then the cop is gonna give u a fix it ticket. I never knew cops issue tickets for cracked windshield till the mail man told me, hehe.

chris_air_force
06-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I also have a cracked windshield. The OEM brand new windshield is around 600 bucks from a honda dealer. A buddy of mine is a windshield repair guy and he advised me to do it with the dealer and to go through my insurance to change it. He said the Ep is very special and its not easy to change the windshield and most companies would have to redoit after discovering leaks and air noise. Bottom line is that he knows his job pretty well and he would not change mine because he knows its very likely to fail, so I'm going through insurance and having it replaced at my honda dealer (my insurance deductible is only 250). I did think about blaming it on a truck and having them pay it, I will give it a shot and if it doesnt work I'll pay it, nothing to loose.

And the cops will give u a fix it ticket only if the crack is DIRECTLY in front of the drivers line of vision.

oldschoolimport
06-20-2004, 07:16 PM
A buddy of mine is a windshield repair guy and he advised me to do it with the dealer and to go through my insurance to change it. He said the Ep is very special and its not easy to change the windshield and most companies would have to redoit after discovering leaks and air noise.it took my dealer 3 times to get mine right. I was in the unlucky 2002 model year group that got stress cracks. warranty paid, but it was a major hassle.

skooba
06-20-2004, 08:00 PM
A new winshield only $160. Most insurance deductibles are higher than that. Waste of time going threw insurance

hmmm, our windshields are way more expensive than that. when i had to get mine replaced, every place quoted me at least $300-$500.

when i was on the phone with the receptionist getting a quote, they would say "wow, that's an expensive windshield for a civic." i ended up getting it done for $230, and don't have any problems with it as far as leaks go.

Lynx
06-20-2004, 09:41 PM
hmmm, our windshields are way more expensive than that. when i had to get mine replaced, every place quoted me at least $300-$500.

when i was on the phone with the receptionist getting a quote, they would say "wow, that's an expensive windshield for a civic." i ended up getting it done for $230, and don't have any problems with it as far as leaks go.

Shop around, and dont go to a stupid dealer. They will only cover it on Warranty if the crack is cuased buy tempeture stress.

Colorado is notorios for cracked winsheilds. Got mine replaced 10 month ago buy Safelite Auto Glass. Total 157.32. Its not a winsheild made by Honda but who really give a rats @$$. 300-600 bucks for a winsheild, come on people. :rolleyes:

Bicho6
06-20-2004, 09:59 PM
LOL so find a dump truck that belongs to your town and follow it for long enough to write down the # plate lol. Then tell your insurance company it canme from that truck. Your insurance company will make the town pay for it :-D hahahaha.

Just a guess.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Prracer
06-21-2004, 01:55 AM
actually this happen to me like three weeks ago andi live in mass if you have number one insurance which mostly likly you do theirs is no deducation on glass only accidents ...i didnt pay no deduaction and i live in boston so talk to your insurance bicho .......

blueiedgod
06-21-2004, 05:19 AM
get no deuctible glass added to your policy. it is wroth the $10 extra a year. It does not go against you, since it not somethign you can avoid. I have had 3 windshileds on my CR-V, and I had a new one put in the Si this April. My rates are still the same.