PDA

View Full Version : Oilpan

juniorreds30
06-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Hey I was wondering if any of you know if there is an aftermarket pan out for our cars yet? I did a search but came up with nothing. Or is it possible the type-s is an upgrade over ours? Any help would be appreciated.

cpu519
06-21-2004, 07:33 AM
Mugen has an aluminum pan that's baffled around the oil pickup to prevent oil starvation in high g's. It's essentially the same as the Type S/Type R otherwise. The Type S/Type R is an upgrade, it's aluminum (better cooling) and has a higher oil capacity. It also bolts to the transmission and makes the engine assembly more rigid.

juniorreds30
06-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Do you happen to know the cost on the mugen? If not I will just get the type-S I already got the price on it. Thanks again.

DavidT
06-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Anything Mugen is major bling. $360 http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=12

juniorreds30
06-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks I kinda figured it was gonna be high dollar. It looks like the type s is probably the way to go. The only reason I was asking is because I have a local shop here who sponsors me, anyways the guy that owns the shop swapped in a dc5r in his car and basically gave me his a3 so I'm just piecing together a strong engine. Probably for all out race maybe in a old civic. Not for sure, but thank you for the price.