PDA

View Full Version : H&R Owners...did you remove the rubber thing on the springs?

ViViDPeArL
06-20-2004, 04:47 PM
did anyone remove them? i'm getting a lot of noise from the springs....especially when i do slow turns...

dchu
06-20-2004, 07:45 PM
I didn't remove them and my springs don't make any noise at all. If you get that creaking noise when turning, then your springs/struts probably aren't indexed correctly.

dontknow
06-20-2004, 07:53 PM
The rubber part needs to be there... If you are getting a loud clunking its probably your top hat is not alligned correctly so the bearing cant turn properly... I took me 3 times to figure out what was wrong with mine... Some will tell you to lube it all up its just a temp fix that will get rid of the noise but not the problem.

Peking
06-20-2004, 08:00 PM
did anyone remove them? i'm getting a lot of noise from the springs....especially when i do slow turns...

Yeah you should not remove them, I posted that in a similiar thread before we moved so it could have been lost.

But it is there to help with metal to metal contact.

Mickey
06-20-2004, 08:21 PM
I didnt remove it. I dont have any noise whatsoever even Im using stock shocks.

chubbychu
06-20-2004, 09:17 PM
yeah defintiely dont remove them, you NEED someting in between to keep them from clunking. trust me, clunking sucks. also dont forget to LUBRICATE!

ViViDPeArL
06-21-2004, 12:16 AM
i guess i should take it apart and check out the top part of it...thanks guys. I'll do it tomorrow i guess