PDA

View Full Version : Paint the mugen CF rear spoiler?

chris_air_force
06-20-2004, 08:22 PM
I know a lot of people have painted their Mugen CF rear spoiler, is this a hassle? do you still have to sand it down and everything?

Peking
06-20-2004, 08:40 PM
I know a lot of people have painted their Mugen CF rear spoiler, is this a hassle? do you still have to sand it down and everything?

I think they took it to a actually body painter.

raiyo
06-20-2004, 10:21 PM
I think they took it to a actually body painter.

Thinking the same as Peking.

Depends on the condition of the spoiler. If you just bring it bare to a body shop to paint, they might sand it, prime it, sand it again, then paint.

02civicSI
06-20-2004, 11:00 PM
here are some things you must condiser when you paint it:

-when taking off the adjustable part be careful, very careful. this is because the hex screws holding the metal plate to the adjustable part stick out so they will dig into the spoiler.

-now when you take that metal plate off the adjustable part drill the holes in the metal plate a little wider and deeper so the screws are flush with the metal plate. this doesnt solve the problem of the plate scratching the f*ck out of the spoiler. you just have to be careful, VERY careful when putting the adjustable part back on.

-remember which holes you used for the wing. even though it is adjustable it is a pain in the ass to adjust.

i wish they would have put a metal plate on the main part of the wing where the metal plate touches and then it would not have been a problem adjusting the wing all the time.