PDA

View Full Version : anybody else experiencing this prob?

grooveline
10-28-2002, 11:20 AM
I'm doin the normal driving thing, and if I go over any bumps, bumps that give a noticable jolt, I get a rattle right around where the passenger mirror/sun shade is. I beleive it has something to do with the sun roof, cuz when the sun roof is closed except for the back of it pushed up, and I slide the headliner closed the noise goes away...

I hope I explained this ok...

lemme know

sonic imperial
10-28-2002, 11:33 AM
I've got a rattle on the passenger side up in that area. Sounds like it's coming from the right side of the sunroof. I can't figure it out for anything. I've just lived with it. Hope you can fix the problem.

hacim
10-28-2002, 11:45 AM
That has just started hapening in my Si and its the only rattle I have.

02SilverSiHB
10-28-2002, 11:54 AM
My damn clutch makes a click sound when I press down on it.....my gas peddle squeaks when I barely push it down.

JackHerer
10-28-2002, 01:26 PM
i have that same sound with my clutch. i brought it to the dealership and they lubed it up and it went away but now the sound has come back.

Will2K2
10-28-2002, 03:02 PM
Yes my sunroof rattles since day one

BlasTech
10-28-2002, 05:17 PM
One day I was going nuts trying to figure out a new rattle coming from the passenger's side. Eventually I found out that someone while getting out had somehow snagged/knocked the outside panel on the bottom of the passenger's seat out. Its just held on by pushing pins into holes and can come out pretty easy. Go check it right now.

Unfortuneately, I still have a CREAK noise coming from the right side or door or something when the car is warm and shifts its weight forward or backward (which is constantly). I took it in to Honda, and they kept it for two days, the called and said they haven't figured it out, and I should take it and bring it back when the weather clears. :'(

I hope its just the suspension, but it could be the frame or something.:o

SVTNate
10-29-2002, 01:17 AM
Haha, my '02 Odyssey has the same damn rattle in the passenger side headliner/sunshade area. I can't determine what causes the rattle, but it only happens over rough roads. I'll be pissed if my EP has the same thing :)

That reminds me, the first day I get my EP, I'll have to take a pic with it next to the Odyssey. That should be cute.

3RROR404
10-29-2002, 02:19 AM
sounds like a good time to tear the roof liner down...

undeboost
10-30-2002, 07:51 PM
i have 1000 miles on it and every other time i get gas ittakes over a hour for the guage to read that it is full??

cbecker333
10-30-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
My damn clutch makes a click sound when I press down on it.....my gas peddle squeaks when I barely push it down.

Had the same clutch clicky problem @ 3k miles, dealer told me honda had a tech bulletin on the problem. Some special lube is supposed to fix it. The dealer said that it didn't fix it so they replaced the clutch pedal and clutch assembly. Its fixed now and I've put 4k on the car since then - clutch pedal still works great with no click, but I'd say it doesn't go down as perfectly smooth as it used to. Also, I think they funked up my cruise control when they worked on the clutch pedal...it doesn't work any more. :(

Type X
10-30-2002, 11:29 PM
door creak noise is your handle

push the handle towards thecar see if u hear it
i hear it on mine when i install new speakers i am going to change the 2 bolts