PDA

View Full Version : Miss shifting problems...

CivilEngSI
06-21-2004, 06:25 AM
It has happened to me twice now when I am going from 3rd to 4th I accidentally hit 2nd. Both times I was fortunate enough not to disengage the clutch all the way out. Any of you have this problem? Will an after market shifter remedy this problem? :confused: Thanks.

BlasTech
06-21-2004, 06:53 AM
Ive done it twice, and lifted the clutch, too.... it's scary, and I know someday I'll most likely have to get valve work because of it.

I started shifting 3-4 with my thumb facing downwards, palm away... it feels strange for a week or so, but seems to have fixed the problem for me.

beechstreet
06-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Its happened to me too, but usually when I'm trying to merge into traffic at high speeds on the highway

NemesisITR
06-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Thats how I ended up blowing my motor. Too many misshifts and the engine finally gave :'(

goy091
06-22-2004, 06:34 AM
i shift backhanded i guess you can call it. that way its pretty damn hard to put it into second becuase your hand cant really flex that way unless you mean to put it into second. also if you pay more attention to driving you wont screw up as much.

BlasTech
06-22-2004, 07:18 AM
i shift backhanded i guess you can call it. that way its pretty damn hard to put it into second becuase your hand cant really flex that way unless you mean to put it into second. also if you pay more attention to driving you wont screw up as much.

The backhand should only be needed for 4th or 6th (if you have 6th) The idea is to keep you from accidentally downshifting by pulling towards yourself, but for second gear there's no need.