PDA

View Full Version : 20 miles for alignment?

siep
06-21-2004, 09:24 AM
I posted this Saturday, but it's not showing up. Anyways, I just had my car aligned at a Honda dealership this Sat. I dropped it off at 1037 miles and got the car back at 1057. Anyone had that many miles put on the car after it was aligned? That's just a lot to do any test driving. The service guy I checked with said that the tech needs to find a smooth road to drive on and that there were lots of bumpy roads around them. That's a lie. They are in a brand new automall right off a highway and new housing developments. What are your thoughts? :sadm:

Tenacious G
06-21-2004, 09:27 AM
I posted this Saturday, but it's not showing up. Anyways, I just had my car aligned at a Honda dealership this Sat. I dropped it off at 1037 miles and got the car back at 1057. Anyone had that many miles put on the car after it was aligned? That's just a lot to do any test driving. The service guy I checked with said that the tech needs to find a smooth road to drive on and that there were lots of bumpy roads around them. That's a lie. They are in a brand new automall right off a highway and new housing developments. What are your thoughts? :sadm:

sounds to me like you got taken for a ride ... literally. i just had my springs installed by an SAE-certified mechanic. after the install, we drove around for at the MOST, 2-3 miles, then loaded it on to the alignment rack. the test drive was more to just make sure everything is bolted on correctly. the alignment rack shouldn't really require any driving if it was done properly. i'd take you concerns to the service manager.

Si3
06-21-2004, 09:49 AM
I'd go and complain to a service manager, and if they dont give you the response you want, complain to their manager.

There is no way someone should be doggin' your car for 20 miles for an alignment... when i had mine done, they never even drove the car.

GO GET FREE STUFF!!!! (oil changes, fog lights, car mats... im sure they'll be willing to give you some labor or oem parts for free!)

Good luck and dont give up!

SIDE NOTE: 800th post... WOOHOO!

siep
06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks for your repsonses. I'll see if they'll do another alignment after I get my camber kits installed for free. This time if it gets done again through them, I'm going to wait at the dealership.

Silvershadow
07-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Probably took ur Si out for lunch or a parts run...a testdrive of your lowered car.

siep
07-09-2004, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I'm sure they took it out for a spin. I talked with the service manager and his explanation was just unacceptable. I immediately called Honda customer service to voice my concerns, but I highly doubt anything will be done about it. F**k them. :tongue:

CSI02
07-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Try Rapton Honda. Those guys seem pretty cool.

bao_pay
07-10-2004, 12:07 PM
complain to the manager of the dealership. that is really unacceptable man... I'd totally get on their case about it and find another dealership. Anyways, if you do complain about it would you feel safe about bringing your car back there for more servicing? I mean they screwed you the first time and you're gonna go back for more? I'd tell the manager and see what he does about it.

FattyMcJ
07-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I'm sure they took it out for a spin. I talked with the service manager and his explanation was just unacceptable. I immediately called Honda customer service to voice my concerns, but I highly doubt anything will be done about it. F**k them. :tongue:

You'd be surprised. Here in CO....ALL the Honda dealerships use some "hotline" for surveying their customers after purchase/service..and if yer not satisfied....someone calls you from the dealership and tries to make it right. So just wait a while, and see if Honda Customer Service comes through for you. I'd bet they do. ;)

Oh...and when I bought my car, it took them 3 days for delivery (didn't have body kit in stock), but at signing they told me it would be ready the next morning....so I got a FREE JDM CTR shift knob, and they swapped out my Azenis (which were on my trade-in rims) and put the stock tires back on. All free of charge, and ALL because I said I wasn't happy about the situation.

So..if you talk to the right people, you can 1) Get what you want and 2) Get some free shit. It's the American way! lol

Silvershadow
07-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Lucky guy.