PDA

View Full Version : New site layout comments/suggestions

stephen
06-21-2004, 09:33 AM
1. There is a mini banner/link for Showstoppers covering the link to EP discussion on the main forum page. I am therefore unable to click on the link to that forum without clicking on the Showstoppers link. Is there any way to correct this?

2. The new layout takes up a lot of space. Instead of putting the name/avatar to the left of the post, as is standard in most web forums, it is now above the post. This makes following posts a bit difficult since it is a completely different convention, as well as takes up a lot of space.. Is there any sort of option where we can revert to the old layout?

cdr127
06-21-2004, 09:41 AM
I agree the name/avatar at the top of the post is difficult to follow. Other that that I love the new look.

Finger
06-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Same comment here, get the avatar/poster name back to the left please. And smaller too, i'm at work here ;)

And also the subject of the thread is hard to find in a window; i'm the kind of user who opens a lot of threads at the same time and then reads them.

TrippZ
06-21-2004, 10:39 AM
yes please! this is JUST LIKE 7THGEN! and I don't like it! the top bar needs to go to the left with the name the same style as before.

oogy-boogy
06-21-2004, 10:55 AM
I enjoyed the last layout with the avatar and info on the left. But, on the other hand I'm not sure if it's that I don't like the new layout or that I just haven't become familiar enough with it. Time will tell............... :)

Gasp23
06-21-2004, 11:17 AM
I would love the old, new post/reply search that the old ephatch used to have.

Stoop
06-21-2004, 11:25 AM
I think everything looks great as it is Paxie. Whatever you think works best works for me. The site looks good.http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

k20hatch
06-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Its not that i "dont" like it. It just takes some time to get used to. Its still a really nice layout!

03silverEP
06-21-2004, 01:14 PM
i think it's hard to follow, I liked the old layout , IMO

Peking
06-21-2004, 01:21 PM
1. There is a mini banner/link for Showstoppers covering the link to EP discussion on the main forum page. I am therefore unable to click on the link to that forum without clicking on the Showstoppers link. Is there any way to correct this?

2. The new layout takes up a lot of space. Instead of putting the name/avatar to the left of the post, as is standard in most web forums, it is now above the post. This makes following posts a bit difficult since it is a completely different convention, as well as takes up a lot of space.. Is there any sort of option where we can revert to the old layout?

How are you unable to use the link for Ep disscusion? You don't have to click the showstoppers link :confused:

Second, the new layout is exactly that. So I hate to say you will just have to get used to it, but get used to it until something changes from the top dog :D

Zero Three Si
06-21-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm a grumpy old fuck that doesn't like change. I think it SUCKS MAJORLY. That mutherfocker enrique iglesiasis my dog though and I'm always honest. Maybe I'll grow to like it.

02civicSI
06-21-2004, 01:23 PM
yes please! this is JUST LIKE 7THGEN! and I don't like it! the top bar needs to go to the left with the name the same style as before.

ditto on the avatars

shimmy_yaz
06-21-2004, 01:34 PM
The new layout is just gonna take some time to get used to. What i would really like to see is more choices on a color scheme I have always hated this green color.

Peking
06-21-2004, 01:48 PM
The new layout is just gonna take some time to get used to. What i would really like to see is more choices on a color scheme I have always hated this green color.

Really but it is so easy on the eyes, anyway I don't care what color it is just as long as it is up :)

Finger
06-21-2004, 02:46 PM
I just found a great way to get rid of all the weird layout, just use at the menu on top Thread Tools->ShowPrintable Version. It's a lot cleaner. :cool:

But it won't show pictures:(

Edit: No wait it does, but it doesn't show the smilies.

goy091
06-21-2004, 03:30 PM
i liked the button that searched for the active topics of the day. becuase the board isnt totatlly active its hard to find new topics.

SONIC SI
06-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Why is it that everytime I leave the site I have to log back in when I come back to it, is anyone else having the same problem?

Lucid Moments
06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Give us the view new posts button back and I'm happy. I kind of like having the avatars at the top of each post, I think it makes it easier to track who is saying what.

DownTheHatch
06-21-2004, 05:59 PM
You can actually view new posts by clicking the "New Posts" button at the top of the page in the top banner.

Peking
06-21-2004, 07:45 PM
You can actually view new posts by clicking the "New Posts" button at the top of the page in the top banner.

Yeah, thanks there Jenson :)

Lucid Moments
06-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Give us the view new posts button back and I'm happy. I kind of like having the avatars at the top of each post, I think it makes it easier to track who is saying what.

Well just call me blind then :o

gabe_
06-21-2004, 09:16 PM
I don't like the flash intro on the main page. I am not a big fan of Flash in general, but I think it should only take one click to get to the forum. It might sound petty, but when I quickly type "ephatch.com" into my address bar, the last thing i want to do is wait for some wack ass animation, and then click through 2 screens just to get here. I suppose I could just book mark the forum... but I like typing in URLs.

I like the traditional name/avatar on the left. This top stuff is definately harder to follow.

I don't like how you have to be logged in to view threads. Sucks for non members. I hate it when I am linked to another forum and the forum wants me to register... Unless the thread has something I REALLY REALLY want to see, I am not going to take the time to register. Why have the threads blocked to the outside world? There is nothing confidential here. Are you really that desperate to get the member count up?

The Showstoppers banner next to "EP Discussions" is annoying... But I suppose the whole point of advertisements is to get in the way, and piss people off... so you might say it is doing it's job.

IMO the simpler the better. Honda-Tech is great because it is a very straight forward and all business design, that still manages to be plesent to the eye. I think the new EP hatch has too many bells, whistles and gimick "features" for it's own good. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

Peking
06-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Then go to Honda-tech you simpleton :D

gabe_
06-22-2004, 06:19 AM

I do, and have been for many years... the only problem is that their EP/RSX forum is kind of weak, so I have to come here.

BTW, glad to see the names/avatars back on the left. :)

Stoop
06-22-2004, 07:03 AM
BTW, glad to see the names/avatars back on the left. :)

Good perception. I didn't even notice until I read your post. :sadm:

Zero Three Si
06-22-2004, 07:42 AM
Day 2:

I'm starting to get use to the new look.....hip hip hoe-RAY for enrique!!!

DownTheHatch
06-22-2004, 08:21 AM
I can understand how typing ephatch.com and not getting the forum would be annoying, because you're used to it. Just start typing: forum.ephatch.com. This brings you right to the forum.

stephen
06-22-2004, 08:24 AM
How are you unable to use the link for Ep disscusion? You don't have to click the showstoppers link :confused:

Open the site as a 800x600 sized window, not as a maximized window, and you'll see what I mean.

Gasp23
06-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks DTH! That's all I wanted to know!! To me it was very hard to browse without that button!

EPhatch, better than ever!

BlasTech
06-22-2004, 09:00 AM
MY .02:

All the fonts are a point too large now, and I cant find how to edit the little blurb of text below my screen-name anymore in the User CP.

Zero Three Si
06-22-2004, 09:25 AM

Great way for a mod to treat members... :rolleyes:

Peking
06-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Open the site as a 800x600 sized window, not as a maximized window, and you'll see what I mean.

Oh gotcha, guess I just didn't have that problem and all.

Great way for a mod to treat members... :rolleyes:

Oh geez Zero, you read what the guy posted :sadm: :smilem:

Zero Three Si
06-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Oh gotcha, guess I just didn't have that problem and all.

Oh geez Zero, you read what the guy posted :sadm: :smilem:

The topic of the thread is for comments/suggestions. He made his comments and he made a suggestion. Maybe I'm the one in the wrong though... :rolleyes:

gabe_
06-22-2004, 01:26 PM
The topic of the thread is for comments/suggestions. He made his comments and he made a suggestion. Maybe I'm the one in the wrong though... :rolleyes:

Yeah, seriously, Peking... Why don't you just ask me for my opinion, and then tell me you don't want it!

;)

Peking
06-22-2004, 01:32 PM

Yeah, seriously... Why don't you just ask me for my opinion, and then tell me you don't want it!

;)

Geez guys I was not even being serious in telling him to go to Honda-Tech Didn't you see the " :D " at the end.

gabe_
06-22-2004, 01:37 PM
And I was not being serious either. It is all in good fun.

shimmy_yaz
06-22-2004, 02:34 PM
no offense Peking but you really have been a rather smartass prick alot lately and thats a great way for an "assistant admin" to be :rolleyes: I know I sometimes get in a bad mood and am a little stanoffish without even realizing it so I am not totally criticizing just trying to bring it to your attention.

ShowstoppersUSA
06-22-2004, 02:34 PM
All good things must be revamped and updated... Maybe this format is for a new server that will allow ephatch to not go down anymore in the future? Anyone know? Also Paxie told me there are going to be different background schemes. That should be nice for those who do not like the green....

ShowstoppersUSA
06-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Oh ya, Ive asked Paxie to move the banner to the Ride of the month section because we will be sponsoring that... So no more on the EP Discussion and everyone can click away in peace!

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

shimmy_yaz
06-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Oh ya, Ive asked Paxie to move the banner to the Ride of the month section because we will be sponsoring that... So no more on the EP Discussion and everyone can click away in peace!

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

hopefully cuz the green drives me insane, but oh well its only a color scheme i still like the site

k20hatch
06-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Day two of the new ephatch.com layout! Im feeling it now, getting alot more used to it! YAy...shock the world!

Peking
06-22-2004, 02:39 PM
no offense Peking but you really have been a rather smartass prick alot lately and thats a great way for an "assistant admin" to be :rolleyes: I know I sometimes get in a bad mood and am a little stanoffish without even realizing it so I am not totally criticizing just trying to bring it to your attention.

What do you mean? How have I been a "smartass prick"?

shimmy_yaz
06-23-2004, 02:13 PM
What do you mean? How have I been a "smartass prick"?

I dunno some of the comments have just been a little smart, maybe the sarcasm isn't translating thru the monitor very well.

Peking
06-23-2004, 04:25 PM
I dunno some of the comments have just been a little smart, maybe the sarcasm isn't translating thru the monitor very well.

Yeah I don't think so which is why I usually use these to help: :) :cool: ;) :D :winkm: :tongue: :m: :shadesm: :*

But I will work on it :tongue:

chet
06-23-2004, 04:33 PM
The layout is basically fine. I'm glad that the site is in working order, more importantly. BUT, the search engine hasn't been working for me. ANyone else having this problem?

Peking
06-23-2004, 05:21 PM
The layout is basically fine. I'm glad that the site is in working order, more importantly. BUT, the search engine hasn't been working for me. ANyone else having this problem?

I think you need to use the "Search this section" tab at the top right :)

DarkSiRacer
06-26-2004, 02:48 PM
How do you change the little sig/mini banner under your name.

Peking
06-26-2004, 08:40 PM
How do you change the little sig/mini banner under your name.

Click on PM's and look to your left :)

bobdobbs
06-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Click on PM's and look to your left :)
I don't think it's there for some (or all) users. It used to be under "edit profile" but now there's no option to change it. Where do you see it on your CP?

Peking
06-26-2004, 09:00 PM
I don't think it's there for some (or all) users. It used to be under "edit profile" but now there's no option to change it. Where do you see it on your CP?

Well it has been awhile since I was a normal member LOL

But if you click on PM's at the top right it should bring you to a screen. Were the Control Panel is on the left. From there you should be able to do such things :confused:

bobdobbs
06-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Not there. What option lets you change yours?

amctmg
06-26-2004, 09:11 PM
I looked too there is nowhere to change it

bobdobbs
06-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Why would I lie? :winkm:

Peking
06-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Why would I lie? :winkm:

Nope not lying (not that I think you would be lol), there isn't an option for titles. But you can change avatars and sigs :)