PDA

View Full Version : Gas door will not open???

SiOnTheFly
06-21-2004, 01:37 PM
is anyone else having a problem with this....it always takes me like 5 minutes to get it open! it refuses to just pop open like a normal gas door. im gunna take it to honda tomorrow and tell them to adjust it.

the reason why i brought this up is because today i went to go get gas. after going in and giving the cashier 28 dollars for me to fill up (california sucks!) i walk out to my car to pop open the door. to make a long story short i walk back in to get my money back and went home. i just couldnt take it anymore. now i have to hope i can make it to honda tomorrow! :sadm:

k20whiteboi269
06-21-2004, 01:44 PM
yea that would piss me off prepaying gas then having to get a refund.

i had a problem in the winter but since its warmed up mine has been ok.....

skooba
06-21-2004, 01:51 PM
There is a little "nipple" type thing when you open the gas door. Just lube it up and you should be good to go.

AthlonDave
06-21-2004, 02:00 PM
I have a similar problem. I have to pull the release handle very slowly a couple of times to get it to open. I have "adjusted" the release spring in the fuel filler area and it is better but still not 100%. I may be wrong but I think the little spring (it is actually just a piece of spring steel held on with a small nut in where the filler cap is) is weak. My filler door has never opened very well and if you drive the car when it is snowing the fuel door will not open unless you "gently beat" on it first.

--edit--
I have lubed it up with several different lubricants and that did not help. My car has been doing it since new.

04CTR
06-21-2004, 02:14 PM
yeah ive got an 04 ctr and from dayone had this problem had honda adjust the clip :)

all ok now

EvilSlvRCiViC
06-21-2004, 02:38 PM
had that problem today damn gas door. just have someone with a card or something pry it open as you pull on lever.

rel0aded
06-21-2004, 05:54 PM
my gas door was stuck too when i got my car... bend that metal thing on the door just a bit toward the inside and it should work fine

Stealth Wedgy
06-21-2004, 09:07 PM
If i you feel like being bothered here is the solution ive found.

1) Unbolt piece of spring steel found by the hindge inside of gas door.

2)Remove said piece

3) Place in vise and heat with torch until red hot and bend in direction that will put greater force on gas door(Have cold water ready)

4) Release the vise allowing the metal piece to fall into water (mentioned before)

This will rebend the spring steel and allow it to remain tempered (what makes spring steal springy). If you let it air cool, it will not spring anymore, just bend.

This works for me, my 2 cents

DTR
06-22-2004, 08:46 AM
ur cable might have same slack (unhooked) i took mine to the dealer and they fixed it...under warrenty :D

reszmeth
06-22-2004, 09:11 AM
hhahah.... i had the same problem.. just if you ever get it open (if you cant pull
up the gas tank release and hold it up with something a pencil or a friend then while its up grabs something soft and skinny to pry it open it should be really easy to open while handle is up) while open push that handle back(the thing that keeps it closed) just a little bit and it should be really easy to open..first try all the time

mhx
06-22-2004, 09:23 AM
i had this problem too under the lever to open the gas door theres a plastic thing that slides into to lock/track to keep it it.. IF you pull your gas lever to fast/hard it will pop out.. its a bitch to pop back cause its in a tight spot.. but it can be done without pulling off the panels.. just pull the plastic up and feel for it with yoru hand.

johnnydanger
06-22-2004, 09:42 AM
i've had the same problem with my gas door not opening 3 times. i've gone to my dealer and they've fixed it every time, but it still happens... it's always the cable or connection on the lever by the seat coming loose and then off... gets on my nerves... :mad:

03SiBlack
06-22-2004, 07:20 PM
yo i had this same problem i had to use a screwdriver to get the damn thing opened i brought it to honda and they said the cover was bent i dont understand that one