PDA

View Full Version : Tein Basic Damper question

siO2white
06-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Alright this may sound like a stupid question but I was looking at Teins website because i was interested in getting the Tein basic Damper coilover system. The website says that it is only for 03+. I wanna know if anyone who has an 02 have the Tein Basic Damper on thier car. the model number i am looking at is DSA22-LUSS2. Supposed to be for an EP3. Im pretty sure the 02-04 suspension set up is the same but i wanna make sure before i make my big purchase. so if anyone can give me any feedback that would be great. I emailed tein already but they havent got back to me.

raiyo
06-21-2004, 03:23 PM
they are all the same. from 02-04 ep3. how much u getting yours for?

part number DSA22-LUSS2 is also made for the 01+ civics, but will fit the ep3.

off hand, i remember HondaMan had tein basic on his ride.

siO2white
06-21-2004, 07:31 PM
well ive been looking around and the best price i can get for it is about 900 and change..... i dont really know of anywhere else where i can get it cheaper. i got a reply from Tein and they said i would need the 01+ civic top mount bearing... im not really sure wat that means..

raiyo
06-21-2004, 08:11 PM
If I recall correctly, you'll need the 01 top bearing is because..... without it, your car will just lower itself now and then. do a search, pretty sure it'll come up somewhere. it's been talked about.

yah, 9 bills is the cheapest i found too.

siO2white
06-22-2004, 04:42 PM
im gonna keep doing my research and stuff before i make any purchases...thanx alot man.

Az02Si
06-23-2004, 07:27 PM
i never used the 01 bearing and my car hasnt lowered itself one bit.....

EvilSlvRCiViC
06-23-2004, 08:04 PM
i got the basics and on the strut itself it says fot civic 01 + thats it, just used all my stock parts for the top mounts or whatever they are called. comes with everything your need. instructions are pretty good. got mine from showstoppers for 880 - thats the cheapest i got mine for. at the time. maybe yours will be the same or cheaper. i shopped around for the teins and showstoppers was the cheapest by far!!!

raiyo
06-23-2004, 08:27 PM
best i found was 890 something shipped. I guess if you don't live in Cali, Showstopper is your best place to shop for that item then.

Can't remember for sure, but a few members had problem with there Teins lowering themselfs.

siO2white
06-23-2004, 09:13 PM
evilsilrcivic.....which model are u using right now on ur car... because im not really sure wat u mean by saying u have the 01 civic tein basic on ur car... sorry maybe im misunderstanding it.

hksuperSi
06-24-2004, 01:36 AM
i was wondering the whats the point of having pillow ball mounts and if i decide to get the basic do i need them. and last thing is, is the basic damper coilover damper adustable.thanks

EvilSlvRCiViC
06-24-2004, 06:36 AM
i have a 2003 EP //// Tein basic damper.

well when i spoke to Chuck from SS i asked for tein basic for the EP; when i got it , it has a little plate on each strut and on the instrution booklet that says the suspension is for a civic 01+ (and up); Im assuming it will also fit the civic coupe -- now it comes with 2 sets of rings one green and one orange/gold colored; wich goes ontop of the strut with everything else(i think i used the green donet remember); i think this is what makes a diff. when using the coilovers on either a coupe or the EP. Hope this helps a bit. when and if you get it how far do plan on lowering it?? mine is lowered all the way in the front (dont know how many inches) and raised an inch in the back- anyways before you put the strut back together just cut the dust cover cause if not it will fold in and make a loud annoying noise when you hit bumps or pull in somewhere slow or turn.

EvilSlvRCiViC
06-24-2004, 06:43 AM
i was wondering the whats the point of having pillow ball mounts and if i decide to get the basic do i need them. and last thing is, is the basic damper coilover damper adustable.thanks

dont know; and yes the are adjustable, but tien recommends having them at lowest setting for best performance.

HondaMan
06-24-2004, 08:07 AM
they are all the same. from 02-04 ep3. how much u getting yours for?

part number DSA22-LUSS2 is also made for the 01+ civics, but will fit the ep3.

off hand, i remember HondaMan had tein basic on his ride.

Yes, the Tein Basics will fit the 2002 Si/EP. They are a great suspension system...I would not get the 01+ Civic setup...only get the EP3 setup.

If you need any install advice when the time comes, feel free to drop me a line.

HondaMan
06-24-2004, 08:08 AM
i never used the 01 bearing and my car hasnt lowered itself one bit.....

Ditto!

HondaMan
06-24-2004, 08:15 AM
dont know; and yes the are adjustable, but tien recommends having them at lowest setting for best performance.

Get them from Chuck @ ShowStoppersUSA.com...that's where I got mine.

The EP3 Tein Basics do not work with the Tein Pillow Mounts and they are height adjustable only...no rebound or dampening adjustability. You will reuse some of your OEM parts and the suspension kit will have everything else you need. Also, you will want to trim about 1 inch off the rear shock dust covers or they will bottom out on the Tein shock assembly and make noises...also spray a little WD40 on the dust covers in this area. Dang, I should go into business install Tein Basics on EP3's! LOL ;)

EvilSlvRCiViC
06-24-2004, 09:02 AM
thanks for clearing up what i was trying to say Hondaman :)

hksuperSi
06-24-2004, 11:50 AM
thanks EvilSlvRCiViC and everybody. so i should get the basics for the ep and not the one for the 01+ civic. and they are height adjustable and the damping is not adjustable. installing the basics, will it make ur ride kinda bouncey.

HondaMan
06-24-2004, 12:02 PM
thanks EvilSlvRCiViC and everybody. so i should get the basics for the ep and not the one for the 01+ civic. and they are height adjustable and the damping is not adjustable. installing the basics, will it make ur ride kinda bouncey.

It will be a little bouncing over rough roads, but the handling improvement is excellent!

EvilSlvRCiViC
06-24-2004, 12:49 PM
yea a little bouncy -- but you will love the look and ride - worth the money!

hksuperSi
06-24-2004, 04:03 PM
not to be imature or whtever u call it. but i'm going with with type flex because its used for only 50 miles on r&d testing, its going for $1300. i find this at a small jdm shop in my town. they have the tein basics way cheaper than showstoppers, its around $650 for the basics. i was also wondering why i shouldn't get the flex, its a hell of a deal. what u guys think.

Civicvtec1ps
06-24-2004, 04:35 PM
For $1300.
Get Tein Flex.
IF you are into autox and road racings.
It would be pointless to buy higher rated springs rates suspension for daily, because You will feel every single bumps on the road.

raiyo
06-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Yes, the Tein Basics will fit the 2002 Si/EP. They are a great suspension system...I would not get the 01+ Civic setup...only get the EP3 setup.

If you need any install advice when the time comes, feel free to drop me a line.

huh? dont they run on the same part number?

HondaMan
06-24-2004, 06:13 PM
huh? dont they run on the same part number?

I guess they are the same part number < http://tein.com/badamp.html >.