PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy D2 coilovers in the US?

Ph0nK
06-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I just called Urban Import, who has a thread in the Vendor Sales forum, about the D2 suspension for the EP and they told me that they are all gone, and that I'm going to have to wait 30-45 days to order a set. Optionally I can pay $100 shipping to get them shipped from Taiwan directly and get them in like a week or two.

I'm dying to get to the track, but not without new suspension. Does anyone know where I can get some D2s, or something else comparable (adjustable ride hight and dampening for around $850-$900, I know it's probably unlikely) in the US without having to wait two months to get them (that's almost the end of the summer for me)?

kpjumper
06-21-2004, 04:27 PM
if you are looking to go lower than 1.5 inches than dont buy d2's

Ph0nK
06-21-2004, 04:53 PM
if you are looking to go lower than 1.5 inches than dont buy d2's
I thought that they could go from 0 - 4 inches, I've seen pictures of people with them with much lower than 1.5" drops. If I can't find them anywhere I'm interested in getting something comparable, any suggestions?

psylovibe
06-21-2004, 05:39 PM
I thought that they could go from 0 - 4 inches, I've seen pictures of people with them with much lower than 1.5" drops. If I can't find them anywhere I'm interested in getting something comparable, any suggestions?

then can, you just need a custom spring in the rear. It comes with a 7" you need 5" spring...i emailed Urbanimports still no response about it.

kpjumper
06-22-2004, 11:04 AM
yeah, you need 5 inch, but they come with 7 inch. i also called michael @ urban import and he said he would call me back.........still no response, been about a week or so. i dont recommend going through them

VNlilMAN
06-22-2004, 05:24 PM
My front lowered down to 2.5" while the rear was 2" but then i drive a coupe.
Eh I can vouch for UrbanImport. They're probably just busy and forgot. They had the best customer service.
Goodluck finding another source cause there's only 2 authorized distributors in the US and urbanimport is one of them.

Ph0nK
06-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Someone on H-T mentioned that Tein SS were going for _around_ $900 plus shipping. Has anyone seen them for this price? I trust Tein a little more than I trust D2