PDA

View Full Version : problems with projector beam lights

padelong si
06-22-2004, 12:39 PM
I got my projector beam lights about 2 weeks ago from someone on ebay.I think they are the same ones showstoppers sell(anzo).I love thease lights but one of my angle eyes has burned out already. :'( Is there any way to replace the angel eye?
I would have bought them even if they had no halos but if i have something i would like it to work. Other than that they are great.

sai_iii
06-22-2004, 09:06 PM
I don't know if you will be able to replace the halos. Are you sure that they burned out? i'd check to see if the wiring came loose, or if a fuse was blown.

dtexan
06-23-2004, 01:12 AM
I think the halo has a single led near the bottom of it and the light just travels through the plexi ring

TrippZ
06-23-2004, 12:01 PM
I got my projector beam lights about 2 weeks ago from someone on ebay.I think they are the same ones showstoppers sell(anzo).I love thease lights but one of my angle eyes has burned out already. :'( Is there any way to replace the angel eye?
I would have bought them even if they had no halos but if i have something i would like it to work. Other than that they are great.

damn dude... thats pretty gay...

padelong si
06-23-2004, 04:29 PM
damn dude... thats pretty gay...

Damn Dude you must be an expert on being gay. I dont know anything about the subject seeing how im straight. LOL just playing with ya.

But seriously just becuase you dont like something doesnt mean its gay.

02civicSI
06-23-2004, 04:39 PM
i dont know if this can help but you can try it out.

Link (http://students.washington.edu/ashis/Creating%20Custom%20Angel%20Eyes.htm)

ep3_civic_si
06-23-2004, 04:43 PM
dude that's hella tight dean!

siver-SI
06-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Did you contact the guy who sold them to you to see what he can do?

dtexan
06-23-2004, 05:31 PM
If your able to replace the LED I would add a small resistor to it that may help with the life of the led

BlkDeathSi
06-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Contact the seller/company, then contact Anzo, they are the suppliers to all selling these lights . . . . . says so on the box they came in. ;)

padelong si
06-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey guys.
Thanks for all the feedback. But as of now my led halos started working again.Half of one side was out but now it works .I dont know how long it will last but thanks for all the help. :cool:

BlkDeathSi
06-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Just thought of something yesterday i was messing with my lights and the halo went out. I then realized I had a poor splice to one of the lights, this may also be your dilemma.

Si4U2NV
06-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Damn Dude you must be an expert on being gay. I dont know anything about the subject seeing how im straight. LOL just playing with ya.

But seriously just becuase you dont like something doesnt mean its gay.

i dont think he was saying anything derrogatory... i think he was just sayin the situation youre in is gay... as in... "damn that sucks" not "damn YOU suck"

people are at eachothers throats here on ephatch.. we all just need to learn to be nice to eachother...

:winkm:

-Mike

PS- Glad to hear the problems solved (temporarily? i would check the wiring if i were you, tho... good luck)

Ocelaris
06-28-2004, 07:30 PM
It's been my experience that LEDs on the headlights tend to go out alot... so if they do go out, prolly just add a new LED with resistor... could even change them halos to blue or whatever color you wanted red etc...

How's the cut off on these projectors? how's the actual projector piece? does it seem to be good optics? or is it plastic? Just curious if it's worth going with those or trying instead to retro some Hella or BMW optics into place... Thakns