PDA

View Full Version : k24 block with a3 head

K20A3Si
06-22-2004, 02:28 PM
this is just a question..i have a chance to buy a k24a4 block..now i know the ultimate combo is used with the a2 head...no what kind of HP gains can i expect with the k24a4 block and A3 head combo?..and will everything bolt up accordingly?... :cool:

Tenacious G
06-22-2004, 03:53 PM
this is just a question..i have a chance to buy a k24a4 block..now i know the ultimate combo is used with the a2 head...no what kind of HP gains can i expect with the k24a4 block and A3 head combo?..and will everything bolt up accordingly?... :cool:

The K24A4 head already is similar to, if not the same as, the K20A3 head. it's got the same gimpy version of VTEC that the EP is saddled with.

K20A3Si
06-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Block...not head...i know the head is pretty much the same as ours....the block is what i am interested in? :cool:

Tenacious G
06-22-2004, 07:33 PM
then it's just a K24A4 ... no difference than just swapping in the entire thing.

Vertigo
06-22-2004, 07:59 PM
The only advantage is going to be the increase in torque. And that's because of the 99mm stroke compared to the 86mm stroke on the a3.

JDM_EpTypeR
06-28-2004, 11:19 AM
listen if you get the K24 long block it will save you a whole lot of headackes for nothing ok, its not worth swaping the head its the same damn thing. its a STRONG motor i have it in my ep. Stock motor, Si ecu, Fadanza flywheel, AEM CAI, Comptech Type-S header, 3" streight pipe, greddy evo catback with 75shot nitrous express 13.9@102mph, dynoed at 192hp and 205tq with a empty bottle and no warmer 162whp all motor on a dyna pac. use your Si tranny it will work. i would post the dyno charts and time slips for the non believers but i need someone to host them for me or if you want just pm me your E-mail and i will send them. but N-E-Wayz the only reason to take that head off is to put on the A2 head.

smilla0
06-29-2004, 02:30 PM
listen if you get the K24 long block it will save you a whole lot of headackes for nothing ok, its not worth swaping the head its the same damn thing. its a STRONG motor i have it in my ep. Stock motor, Si ecu, Fadanza flywheel, AEM CAI, Comptech Type-S header, 3" streight pipe, greddy evo catback with 75shot nitrous express 13.9@102mph, dynoed at 192hp and 205tq with a empty bottle and no warmer 162whp all motor on a dyna pac. use your Si tranny it will work. i would post the dyno charts and time slips for the non believers but i need someone to host them for me or if you want just pm me your E-mail and i will send them. but N-E-Wayz the only reason to take that head off is to put on the A2 head.

Nice setup. Did you have to reflash your ecu or what? Is it an accord or CR-V engine?

JDM_EpTypeR
06-30-2004, 11:23 AM
no reflash just left my stock ecu in the car.......remember the K24 has the same TYPE of i-vtec as the K20A3, and its a 2002 CRV long block i bought it with 329mi on it

smilla0
06-30-2004, 01:12 PM
no reflash just left my stock ecu in the car.......remember the K24 has the same TYPE of i-vtec as the K20A3, and its a 2002 CRV long block i bought it with 329mi on it

Are you sure the cams are identical? I would think they would be different, because the CRV is a lower revving motor. Also, since the CRV has about 20% more displacement, so it will draw in about 20% more air at the same speeds, and I would think the A3 ecu would make it run very lean at WOT, unless the injectors were 20% bigger (and I can't imagine they are since it produces the same power). Then again, it would also read greater manifold vacuum, so I guess that might balance it out. Have you had any lean knocking? Are you using the A3 intake manifold?

Also, what kind of mounts did you use? Any fitment problems?